Chapter 8:

"So, Raven, what do you want to eat for lunch" Gerard says from the front, causing me to systematically feel a pit of dread forming at the pit of my stomach.

"I don't mind" I reply, my fear of my habits being found out saving me.

"Okay, Mikey are you okay with the local?" Gerard says, causing Mikey to let out a small laugh.

"We were literally there earlier this week with Frank and Ray" he replies.

"Yeah but Ravens never been there!" Gerard says, laughing as he does so, making me feel as if some kind of private joke is hidden behind their words.

They continue to talk to each other and I find myself slinking back into my seat and watching the world go by out of the window.

I see the streets form into one big blur as I end up focusing into my thoughts, losing myself in my my own head, as I stare forwards, seemingly at nothing.

//

I pull into a parking place at our local diner that me and the guys go to a lot.

It's cheap, and good, so theirs really no room for arguments when it comes down to it.

Mikey goes to get out the car when I turn around to notice that Raven is staring at nothing.

She seems transfixed so much on the nothing that her eyes are wide open, practically unblinking, this worries me.

Although I've barely known her long, I can already tell that she needs help with a lot, which I'm more than happy to help with.

She's truly a nice person, but I can tell that she's hurting, and I think I'm not the only one who sees it.

"Raven, we're here" I speak, hoping to gain her attention.

And yet nothing, no signs of her paying attention to me.

I sigh, I know she wouldn't have ignored me on purpose, her anxiety seems to get the better of her whenever anyone talks to her.

I end up hopping out of the car where Mikey is looking at me; confusion evident in his eyes.

"What's up?" He ask, pushing his glasses up to his nose.

"She looks likes she's zoned out or something, I can't get her attention" I say to my brother, causing him to look at me with a worried look on his face, expressing my concerns visually.

He says nothing, and wordlessly walks towards the back of the car and opens the door where she is sitting, she's staring blankly at nothing, so calmly.

I see Mikey gently put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump slightly, she turns to look at him, her eyes still wide.

"Are you okay?" He asks her, causing her to nod her head, until a sense of realisation looks to pass over her face.

"Did I do it again" she whispered, seemingly to both herself and Mikey at the same time.

Mikey seemed to give her a pointed look at this.

"Did I zone out?" She questioned, causing Mikey to nod.

An embarrassed look crossed over her features as she whispered something, I couldn't hear it from where I was standing, but I have a feeling it was along the lines of 'sorry'.