Chapter 37:

Gerard

I look down at the sleeping girl in my arms, feeling the sharpness of her ribs from where she's curled up into me, deeply asleep. Mikey had given me blanket to pull around myself and her, which I'd accepted, and found myself feeling a strange feeling of relief when she subconsciously pushed her head into my chest as she slept.

I didn't have the heart to move her, not now, and I don't care that my legs are starting to cramp, desperately in need of movement; she's staying here.

All four of us are sat within Franks living room, and I see Mikey's eyes constantly searching over Raven, watching her, he misses her deeply, and although their now in the same room together, she still hasn't spoken directly to him, and I can tell from the look on his face that the feeling of missing her has barely dissipated.

I desperately hope deep down in my heart that this can be the start of getting her back, and most importantly rebuilding her relationship with us. She doesn't need to feel like she killed Sarah, because she didn't, and she never could have even if she wanted; her hearts too good to be evil.

I need to speak to the three men in the room with me, for all of our sakes. Although, we all know essentially what's going to be said, we need to establish a 'plan', although Raven isn't an 'operation' or a 'scheme', she's simply a fragile human being, and out 'plan' is going to be establishing the best way to stop her from shattering, and rebuilding her up from the inside out to stabilise her.

I  move my arm over, testing to see how far into sleep she is, and sigh when I get no response at all, she's deeply asleep, and theirs no hint of her waking soon; she's exhausted.

"She's asleep" I state, causing everyone's eyes to be on me.

Mikey looks up, once again eyes glancing over her sleeping body from where he's sat on the single person seat, Frank sat next to me and Ray sat on the loveseat, legs kicked up.

We'd turned the tv on for some background noise, but Ray quickly takes the remote and turns down the volume of the cheap show playing drastically, all of them noting that theirs a discussion needing to be had.

"We're gonna have to get to eat when she wakes up" I speak, and look around to see a collection of nodding heads.

"I think the best thing is to not push it, if she feels all eyes are on her she'll feel pressured" Mikey chimes in, eyes glazing over a sleeping Raven. "We just need to keep an eye on her, but subtly, make sure that she's eaten something, and make sure that she doesn't go to the bathroom after".

I nod, looking over at Frank.

"I don't think she's going to be comfortable to come back to ours, not for a good while" I speak, and Frank nods, looking over at the door that's been locked, the white carpet cleaned from the blood previously splattered onto the surface.

"I'll see what she wants to do, but I'd be more than happy to give her the sofa, or set up a camp bed in my room, her going back into that room isn't a good idea" he says, motioning over to the room.

I know that Ravens self harm has been bad, and although I can't see underneath Mikeys hoodie which falls off her slender frame, I can only assume that their bad, from the little details that Frank has shared with me, all while, no doubt with it being Frank, he's underplayed it, wanting to not panic neither me or Mikey. It's probably best she's not back into that room, as, what I've gathered, something happened in there, and whilst I wish I knew, it's probably best that I don't know all the details, as they would keep me wide awake with worry.