Chapter three:

I end up sitting on the sofa, my legs kicked up, as I watch the guys set up their instruments.

I feel comfortable for one of the only times in my life, it feels strange, surreal, almost like somebody's going to come over to me any second and beat the ever living shit out of me.

And yet they don't, they set up their gear, turning to glance over at me, with happy expressions on their face, every so often.

They look set up, Three out of the four guys with a guitar around their neck.

"So...lets start with our usual practise and then See how our new song sounds" Gerard says, facing the guys.

"That's sounds good, I'll turn on the fake drums" ray says, as he walks over to a speaker, causing me to look slightly confused, where is their drummer?

"Our drummer, Bob, is out of town at the moment, visiting family" ray says, seeming to sense my confusion, causing me to nod.

Another person to meet soon; fun.

Although if he's anything like the guys standing in front of me I'm sure he'll be nice.

I hear the fake drums start up.

The guitars start as well, they sounds absolutely amazing; my kind of music.

I turn to face them the second that Gerard starts to sing.

"Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say"

I freeze in place, their more than good, their perfect!

They can play well, they can sing well, and their music is just to my taste.

Frank turns to me and gives me a thumbs up and a thumbs down as he's playing, causing me to give an enthusiastic thumbs up, smiling widely as I do so.

I could've sworn I've heard this song before somewhere, it sounds increasingly familiar.

And that's when Gerard moves into the chorus.

"I'm not okay, I'm not okay-ay-ay-ay-ay"

I do recognise this song, it's from a band that I've heard multiple songs from, they're good, really good.

I don't know their name, my cheap flip out phone not displaying names; I just know that I like them.

I turn my eyes to frank, who is laying on the floor and jumping all over the place like a madman, he continues playing as he kicks himself along the floor, right next to mikey.

Mikey rolls his eyes at him, but continues playing.

I've sat for the past two hours watching the guys play, and lets just say that my respect for my uncles is higher than for anyone I've ever known.

I feel safe.

Watching their antics as they play happily, their personalities shining through with the music they play.

I feel like nobody will dare hurt me here, that nobody would force me to do things that I don't want to do.

I feel like even if my dad were to start on me here, they guys would stop him and save me.