Chapter 33:

I wake with a start, eyes snapping open as I hear a loud, primal, distressed sounding scream erupting from the house.

Being groggy, I think nothing of it, after hearing nothing more, and turn back onto my side, eyes pressed into my pillow as I shut my eyelids; taking the noise as nothing more than my imagination.

Hell, I'm worried to death for Raven, and I'm sure it's just my brain trying to trick me.

Just as I feel myself beginning to drift into the world of sleep, I hear footsteps running into my room, and feel arms jerking me awake, causing me to realise that something may actually be wrong.

I quickly pull myself from my bed and look at Ray, standing and looking at me with a panicked expression in his face.

"I-I heard someone scream and then I went to check near Ravens room, and I can hear sobbing" Ray says, causing me to nod. She'd been crying a lot, horrible heart wrenching sobs, and whilst I so desperately wanted to comfort her, I had to force myself to trust in her own senses, that she simply needed space.

I didn't want to invade and make her close in on herself even more.

"Frank, I heard her whispering something to herself, and it might be nothing, but I don't feel right not checking it out, I don't want to walk in and find her dead on the floor" Ray says, his usual calm demeanour dropping in even as he talks about the current situation that could be dire.

I can tell that internally he's panicking, but he always tries to rationalise things, and for that I'm grateful; he keeps us all together in the worst possible situations.

"What was she whispering?" I question, hoping that the answer will not be as brutal as what I'm imagining it to be.

"Die! just over and over and over again"

-

Gerard

I find myself staring at the room with the big white door every time I pass it to go to bathroom.

The handle calls to me, the room almost entrancing me to witness it's contents.

Although, I know that nothing will be there; I know that she's gone.

But I still feel the urge to pull open the door and enter the room of solitude, where everything went from seemingly okay to falling apart at the seams.

I sigh, as I contemplate twisting the handle, my fingers, for the first time, wrapping around the handle as I stare blankly at the door.

No

I can't.

-

Frank

I practically sprint down the stairs, Ray trailing behind me as I make my way to the guest room that Ravens taken to living in.

I press my ear up to the door the second that I arrive and hear sparratic breathing and heaving sobs, she doesn't sound stable, and I feel my heart drop.

I need to get in there, I need to make sure that she's alright.

"Raven?" I question, hoping to got that she will simply open the door and that I won't have to resort to brute force.