Chapter 38

FFOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 38

This chapter is dedicated to @Katrocks247 because... OMERTA! If you haven't read that book, what are you doing on Wattpad?

Awkward. A difficult/embarrassing/inconvenient situation. Two syllables, a verb, a feeling or emotion. A situation that gives you problem when dealing with it. Sub-Awkward; Awkwardness, awkwardity, the act of being awkward. That was exactly the air that had been floating around me and Easy ever since we returned from New York.

I'd say it was like a cloud really; whenever we spotted each other – or he spotted me – we'd stare and then walk away like the other one wasn't standing there.

It was getting annoying and more frustrating by the minute. I mean what the hell was I supposed to do when the guy who literally made out with me on a train – let us not forget we were on a train! – and blew my mind was now taking it as his life-long mission to avoid me. That my friend, was not cool.

"Hey, grapes or raisins?" I heard Ethan ask me as we stood in the cafeteria line.

I waved him off. "I don't care, any one's fine." Actually, I hated raisins but I was too busy focused on something else to even care. Easy.

"Hey!" Ethan pushed my arms roughly. "You've been staring at that boy for approximately fifteen straight minutes – and trust me, I know math. Even I wouldn't stare as long as that... it's called desperation honey,"

I gasped dramatically and placed a hand over my chest. "I am not desperate!"

"Actually, you kind of are." Rori poked his head from the other side and grinned at me.

"Yeah, you guys should know." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest. "I mean you have no idea how awkward and weird it is to have a roommate who ignores you. I even prefer having him insulting me all the time than just treating me like a... I don't know classmate."

Ethan chuckled. "Isn't that what you are?"

"No, he's not only my classmate, he's my roommate."

My two friends pursed their lips in thought. "That doesn't make any sense,"

"Of course it does, I mean think about it, we had a thing. We fight and argue all the time, it's our thing. An expression –"

"– of our love for each other. I know, I know." Ethan finished my sentence with a roll of his eyes.

"What have you been reading again?"

"I told you guys, I've been trying to connect with my inner self."

A plate filled with fries, tatter tots and sausages was shoved into my hands. "Well stop doing it,"

I grinned down at my plate. "You got exactly what I would order,"

He slung an arm on my shoulder leisurely as we walked to our seats. "Yeah... and that's exactly why you love me babe,"

...

Counseling. Apparently, Principal Anderson thought it'd be good for all twelfth graders to go through counseling since we had roughly only a few months to SATs.

It was funny, nine months ago, I was losing my mind about getting expelled and getting killed and now, I was graduating. From an all boys' school. I was a freaking legend, Guinness book record worthy. Really, Callie Donovan – first girl to survive in an all boys' school. Pure awesomeness.