Chapter 30

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 30

0ne week in London – Part Four

This chapter is dedicated to @cityscape

You know that time in sappy fiction romance novels and movies when the character feels like her heart and brain weren't just co-operating? Yeah, that pathetic yet glorious moment for all her fiction loving "shippers". That was exactly how I was feeling right now as I stood in this lobby staring at the boy I just realized I had a thing for. The same guy who'd been the bane of my high school existence and the same guy who I couldn't stand few days ago. So yeah now literally, my brain and heart had sat down to debate my newfound feelings.

Brain – you cannot like this guy! I mean come on, romantic feelings have to grow, and this is just nothing.

Heart – come on Callie, you know you do like him. You probably have since the kiss; you just didn't let yourself see it.

Brain – I mean look at all his flaws; he's annoying, obnoxious...not to mention the fact that he goes out of his way to ruin your life.

Heart – maybe that's just the way he feels he'd be best closest to you. I mean look at the way he kissed you Callie, it felt good didn't it?

Brain – shut up heart what do you know? Callie listen to your brain, you know I'm the smarter one.

Heart – you shut up, I mean listen to me Callie! I'm the best one.

Brain – me Callie!

Heart – no me!

Brain – shut up you heart, what do you know? Without me, Callie would be useless!

Heart – you shut up! Without me, she wouldn't even be alive!

And yeah, like that – because I think I'm going crazy – my brain and heart were having a huge fight somewhere in my internal system. And I just stood there, staring at the said boy.

Easy, still looking adorable with that smile on his face, looked up and his eyes flickered to me. I froze, like literally froze. My brain stopped telling my heart how ugly shaped it is, and I just stood there, staring.

His face lit up and he waved to me. I was an idiot cause I just stood there – hoping to God, or whatever organs were responsible for body movements, that I'd just move. His smile faltered a bit when I didn't wave back. Taking an excuse from whoever he was talking too, I saw him walking towards me.

Okay Callie, now would be a good time to run. Brain, now would be the time to activate my movement or something. Wait, did my legs talk too? My eyes stuck on his body as he walked closer and closer and when he was about two inches from me; I turned on my heels and ran out of the lobby.

...

"Okay Callie, breathe," I chanted and paced back and forth across the room. "I mean you can't run forever right? He's gonna be everywhere you go."

Maybe I could switch rooms. No, then I won't be able to see him...damn there I go again. Was I always like this before? Oi.

I was too busy contemplating my feat, I didn't notice the door fly open. "Why are you talking to yourself again?" Easy's cool deep voice cut through my thoughts and I could have sworn I squealed.

An amused glint flashed through his eyes and he plopped down on the bed and stared up at me, a smile playing on his lips.

"I–I didn't see you come in." I blurted out – hoping I wasn't sweating or something.