Chapter 33

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 33

This chapter is dedicated to @radiogogo [man I love this chick]

I clutched my suitcase until my knuckles turned white. My knees shaking, my heart thumping; what the hell had I gotten myself into? Okay was I the only one getting a déjà vu moment here?

This is what you get when you're standing in a subway, in the middle of the night, and boarding the night train to New York. Yes, your heart would be bound to fall out of your chest.

...

We just stood staring at each other and I was starting to get this melodrama kind of vibe. The one in which they'd fall into each other arms and cry hysterically after a long stare fest. But no, I just stood there staring at him.

"W-What happened?" I gasped and moved to lock the room door – to avoid any form of intrusion.

His face was hard – damn you could see he was trying to hold back his tears. "Has your friend left?" he wiped his cheek and his voice came out rasped.

"Yes, but what's up with you?" God it was taking all my willpower not to run and hug him there and then.

He turned his back to me but I caught the tear that rolled down his face. "J-Josie," he whispered and sniffled.

Josie? Who the hell was Josie? Shit I was no freaking help at all. Easy must have sensed that because he spoke up again.

"Remember Josie? My little sister?" he let out a bitter laugh. "She fucking got hit. She got hit by a fucking truck and my fucking parents don't even give the slightest fuck." His voice was cold, bitter and never in my life I've I heard the word "fuck" used so much in a sentence.

"They freaking call me to go check up on her because they're in Asia for a fucking business trip?" he exploded. "She's their fucking daughter and I'm in fucking school for fuck sakes." His back was still turned but his voice was hard and I was sure the tears were flowing freely now.

Oh, Easy. I didn't know what to say, I was an idiot. The guy I liked was hurting and I couldn't do a single thing. I didn't know what pushed me but I found myself moving closer to him and wrapping my arms around him.

He stiffened. "W-What the hell d-do you think you're doing?"

Yeah, what the hell was I even doing? "You looked like you needed a hug," I said softly – tightening my arms around him.

He seemed to relax and wrapped his arms around me – engulfing me in his warmth and crying silently. Okay, remember when I said I could get high off Liam's scent, Easy's could kill. And we fit so perfectly; it wasn't weird like he was towering over me and had to bend his knees to reach me or I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach him – okay I probably had to – but everything just seemed to go to place and I could hear his occasional sobs and his tears soaking my tee shirt. But I let him hold me anyway; I let him cry on me anyway.

...

It was somebody shaking me that awakened me from my slumber – yes you could see I was still sleepy since I was using words like 'awakened' and 'slumber'. But someone was shaking me and it was getting annoying. Easy had cried his eyeballs out and I had fallen asleep on his bed somewhere – best thing ever by the way – if only we made out... anyway, what I'm trying to say is I was a good pillar.

"Freshman, freshman come on, get up already." I heard someone shaking me. "God you sleep like a freaking log."

I mumbled some incoherent words and opened my eyes to see Easy's dark ones staring straight at me and his face was just a breath away. "What?"