Chapter 2

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 2

This chapter is dedicated to @mylovefromthestar

I walked into Minnie's minis (where everything is as small as it gets), my suitcase and expulsion letter in my hand. Luckily for that Rachel, I hadn't seen her all afternoon and her violent murder will have to wait. I plopped down into an empty seat and ordered.

Why the hell did I have to get expelled? Why the hell did I drink so much? I didn't need expulsion right now, not here, not ever. My mother was going to freak if she heard the news. I'd be totally in for it. I had to get out of this mess; I had to find a way to get back to school before it got out of hand. But, how? Maybe I could go to New York and live with Chris... nah, my brother's broke. Damn it, curse that Rachel, it was all her fault.

"Here's your order Callie," I looked up and saw Minnie; a middle aged woman, and the owner of this weird store.

"Thanks, Minnie." I smiled at her. Well... working as an apprentice here was also a good option... or not. Too many Crestwood kids ate here. I sighed, so much for plan B's and C's.

Well, I better think of other plans. I sipped the cup of sugar and looked out the window when something caught my eye. It was a bus, a school bus I presumed, that read in big bold letters; WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL PENNSLYVANIA. I raised my brow as an idea came to mind. Pennsylvania, that's the last place anyone would look for me and my mother would still think I was in school if I kept showing her school records. I almost screeched in joy. Thank you God!

"Good job Callie" – I said to myself – "Thank you Callie," I responded. I stood up quickly, paid for my juice and ran to hitchhike the bus.

I almost puked when I entered the bus. For some reason it smelt really awful, it reeked of sweaty bodies and gym socks. Kind of like a bunch of boys had lived there. Ew. Thankfully, the bus was empty and the bus driver was too busy singing horribly to Katy Perry songs to notice someone was at the backseat. I squeezed into one of the seats and close my eyes to tune out the horrible singing.

The drive to Pennsylvania was long, boring and tiring and I was happy to get out of the stinky bus. I jumped out and grabbed my suitcase, a big smile on my face as I walked to the driver to ask where I was.

"You're in Waverly Boys School Pittsburgh." The man said politely, scrutinizing me curiously, "are you... visiting someone?'"

My smile faded when I heard where I was. At that moment, I realized I had a Callie-Einstein moment whence I'd realized three things: my plan was stupid, I was broke girl standing in the middle of a boarding school five miles away from home and what the hell was I doing at an all boys school?!

...

What the hell, what the hell, what the fucking hell! I wanted to scream, literally. I started hyperventilating. This was like a replay of home alone, where the boy gets lost and is far away from his family. Except unlike like Kevin, I had no money and I really didn't know how to deal with two thieves if I was thrown into the streets. I wanted to cry, I couldn't do this, getting expelled was enough horror, and if my mom found out I was at an all boys school in Pennsylvania or wondering the streets of Pittsburgh, she'd really kill me. I wanted—no needed to get out of this place.

I noticed some of the boys giving me weird looks – I mean I couldn't blame them, I was putting up a show – and the teachers were also staring. They were probably wondering what a "girl" was doing at a school like this. Sheesh, I could've come visiting or something, no need to look at me like I was maniac – even though I was acting like one. I smiled and waved sheepishly before making a beeline for the bathroom. Or more appropriately, the men's room.