Chapter 18

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 18

This chapter is dedicated to @KiaraLondon

[PART THREE]

A classy man and a woman stood at the door, looking like they were shooting a million dollar movie. The man; who I presumed was sixty-seventy and above, wore a shiny grey suit; his grey hair – which must've had a marvelous amount of hair gel – was slicked back and stuck to his head and his eyes looked strict and authoritative. The woman however, looked much younger. Her figure was small and I would have said she was thirty and below if not for the little wrinkles on her face. She was the maxi Josephine, the resemblance was unbelievable. She wore a black dress and her dark black hair was pinned into a bun. She wore a chunky necklace and a big – maybe too big – ring on her finger.

"Welcome back Master and Mistress Walsh." The staff greeted in unison, head still bowed in respect. Did they practice this?

Easy held out his arm and led me to the foot of the stairs. Looking at them more closely, I could see the father had dark brown eyes and the mother; striking grey eyes. Easy and Josie kissed their parents on the cheek.

"Welcome back mother," he said and kissed her, "Welcome home father."

"Hello Easy, Josie." The mother said with so much poise, "It's good to see you again. How have you been."

"We've been better," Josie replied with a tight smile. Were these really their parents? The whole scene was so... movie-ish.

"I see you brought a friend," she said, inspecting me. "Who is she?"

"Oh, excuse my manners," Easy said slipping a hand around my waist that sent slight shivers down my spine. "This is Callie Donovan, my girlfriend."

"Your what?" The mother said, her eyes widened with surprise and disapproval.

"My girlfriend," he replied easily.

"When did you have a girlfriend?" Clearly 'Mistress Walsh' was not pleased with the look on her face.

"A few weeks back," he replied; a bored look on his face. "And where are your manners mother, won't you introduce yourself?"

She looked startled for a few seconds before regaining her look. "Hello Callie Donovan, I'm Mildred Walsh. Nice to meet you." She stretched out her dainty hand.

"Nice to meet you too ma'am." I smiled and took her hand.

The woman didn't smile back; she just took my hand, pulled me harshly and kissed my cheek.

"Shall we go in and have dinner then?" The father spoke for the first time. "Everyone dismissed." He commanded with an authoritative voice and everyone scattered.

Wow.

...

I have never seen a room so quiet before. If a pin had dropped, I was pretty sure it would've echoed throughout the whole room. The only sound was the clanking of the forks and knives on the plates. Other than that, everywhere was quiet. I sat beside Josie, and she showed me the right cutleries for each course that was brought in. I really only thought there was only spoon, fork and knife. But today I had seen different kinds of cutlery.

I let out a small cough and all eyes turned on me. Josie shook her head as if she was telling me 'no'. And Mildred just shot me a disgusted look.

"So...where are you from Callie Donovan?" Mildred asked me, her grey eyes fixed on me with a drilling look.