Chapter 16

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 16

This Chapter is dedicated to @NutellaGeek_ I love her pen name :)

[PART ONE]

"Would you stop pacing around the room like that, you're making me nauseous." I screamed at Easy who was walking around the room like a man whose wife was about to give birth.

"How can you be calm at a time like this?" He asked, panicking.

I raised my brow in mild surprise. This was the first time I'd seen Easy in a fit. I should get a camera, this could come in handy. "A time like what? And why should I be panicking?"

He shot me a glare, "Forget it. It has nothing to do with you anyway."

"Good. Now would you sit down?"

"No, this is serious."

"What is?" I figured I'd ask him, before he gave me nausea.

"My parents are coming to Pittsburgh." He said; a horrified look on his face.

"Um... what?!" I gasped and grabbed my chest dramatically.

"This is no time to be sarcastic Callie." He narrowed his eyes at me. "This is serious shit."

I laughed at his troubled features, "I really don't see what all the fuss is all about. I mean if my mom paid me a visit – without the intention of killing me – I'd be happy about it."

"I know, I know. The whole mother-daughter relationship," he waved a dismissive hand in the air. "But my parents are...different. They're Armageddon on earth."

Oh boy, I'd really like to meet those people. They sounded so intriguing.

"So...?"

"So, I'm the guy that they expect something and everything from. I have to complete tasks and do things for their own benefit –" he paused to take a breath "– and if they arrive here, they're going to expect something from me. I don't know what it'll be this time, but they'll force me to do something I don't like."

I really didn't know how to respond. I hadn't seen this boy so worked up and stressed like he was now. "Maybe it's because they love you?" I shrugged and offered.

"Really Carl, my parents named me Easy, do you think they loved me?" He deadpanned.

Hm that made sense. It was a weird... but unique name. Maybe his sister's name was Hard, Hardette?

"Wow... you know Easy, that behaviour, is it hereditary? Because I swear you behave the exact same way."

He looked at me like he wanted strangle me. "They're probably bringing Tiffany over." He added with an irritated look on his face.

"Who's Tiffany?"

"My wife," he said with disgust.

"You're married?" I knew this guy was weird.

"No, for some reason I'm 'betrothed' to her." He sat down and put his hands on his head, "I really don't want to get married at eighteen. I wanna date other girls."

"Like anyone would want to date you." I scoffed.

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"I really can't deal with all this drama and family brouhaha."

I snorted and giggled.

"What?" He asked, clearly not amused.