Chapter 36

FOUR BOYS, ONE GIRL AND 1 CRAZY HIGH SCHOOL YEAR

CHAPTER 36

This chapter is dedicated to @theUJelly_ goddamn her books are my addiction now.

Chris blinked rapidly as he adjusted his eyes to me. His brown eyes trailed over my figure and his mouth formed an 'O' in shock. I smirked and punched his arm playfully, scrunching up my nose at the fact that he was only in boxer briefs.

"Dude, put some clothes on you're not that attractive," I told him playfully, shoving him aside and walking into the apartment. It was cleaner than I expected and I grinned.

"Where's Evelyn?" Evelyn was my brother's girlfriend—wife simply put, 'cause let's face it; those two were made for each other. She was the only one who could handle him and tolerate waking up to his fugly face as far as I was concerned. They'd been dating since his sophomore year; it'd been the whole 'nerd meet popular' cliché. Except it was the other way around, psh, my brother could never pull off popular.

Said brother staggered over to me, still in shock. His face broke off into a huge grin, as he pulled me into one of his bear hugs. "Callie! Squirt, I missed you!" he muffled as he twirled from side to side.

I let out a short laugh. "C-Chris, I can't breathe. And it's seriously uncomfortable having to be face-to-face with your chest dude!"

He put me back down and grinned down at me. "So, come on! How've you been? And what the hell and how in hell are you in New York? Did you bring Nana? Mom? Sorry I haven't really been able to call, I've been busy; you know college and all. But how's school? Rachel? How's every –"

"Chris!" I laughed. "Calm down, one question at a time, I've got all day." I told him and plopped down on his bed.

He ran a hand through his hair and laughed. "Sorry, it's just I really missed you squirt." He took a seat beside me.

"Can you please stop calling me that? I'm like, seventeen now you know."

"I know, but you're still my baby sister."

"Whatever. And hey, you didn't answer my question; where's Evelyn?"

"She has Literature, so she's in class. She won't be back for an hour or so."

"Oh... I see she's been really putting you in shape huh?" I teased and motioned to his clean apartment.

He blushed. "She doesn't live here you know? And it isn't because of Evelyn my house is neat!"

I gave him a teasing grin. "Right..."

"It's true! Whatever, just take me to mom. I haven't seen her in months." He said, getting up from the bed and moving to put on some clothes.

I bit my lip. "Uh... Chris, about mom..."

"What about her?" he said from the closet, poking his head out and scrunching his brows together. "What? She doesn't want to see me? Oh God is she mad at me for not visiting?"

"No, it's not that... it's just..."

My brother frowned, coming out of the closet now fully clothed. "What is it Callie?"

I played with the bed-sheet and fidgeted. "You see, the thing is... mom... mom really doesn't know... she really doesn't know I'm in New York."

...

"What?!"

My brother was practically screaming my hearing off. We were in a restaurant now and his obnoxious loud screaming was attracting dirty looks from peeved customers.