The Future

Darius was beginning to become a teenager. His swordmanship had improved; less impulsive and more professional. He had trained himself in sword duelling and had excelled to as reasonable a degree as is possible for a self-trained swordsman. He was once again in the garden, practising in the excessive amounts of space they bought for Alphys' experiments. He was also learning to create his own swords, just as Undyne could create hers.
"Darius! Time for dinner!" Undyne shouted from the window. Birds took flight at the loudness of her 'inside voice'.
"Coming mom!" Darius shouted back cheerfully. He threw his sword into the air, caught it, and sheathed it. He insisted on keeping one on him at all times, just in case.
He walked back into the house, and Alphys deactivated the holo-sensory training dummy, which dissipated. Alphys had created a device which could create humanoid beings at will. A device that may help them in the future...
Darius arrived at the dinner table. Before him sat a large plate of vegetables. Being descended from most animals in the human world, they never ate meat that wasnt from humankind, a very rare material since there were no known humans living among monsters.
"Did you try anything new today Darius?" Undyne asked, eager to learn about her son's techniques.
"A few things. I'll show you after, mm'kay?" Darius looked proud. Alphys looked at him and smiled.
"I look forward to it. How've the experiments been going Alphys?"
"Good." Said Alphys. "Its been very successful so far, I..." Darius blocked the rest out. He wasnt very excited by Alphys' experiments. They involved things he didnt understand, and if he was aware of what they were, he was sure he would find it interesting. He didnt want to interrupt Alphys, however; she was always very eager to tell them about experiments. He tried to be as polite as possible.
He finished the food, cleaned his plate and cutlery, and left the table. Going back to his sword practice, as well as helpful, he found it calming and tranquil. He left the house, walked into the deep parts of the garden, and a holo-sensory dummy appeared (Alphys gave him one of his own for when she was preoccupied) and he began to strike it. He also practiced his defensive techniques by programming the dummy to copy his movements, and repeat them. As he was doing this, he noticed a small hole in the fence surrounding the garden. Through natural curiosity, he went through it, sword ready.
Inside the gap was a deep forest. Darkness plagued the area, like the inside of a coal mine. Though scared, Darius continued forward.
As he went, an incline emerged, getting steeper and steeper as he went. Eventually, he realized he was on the side of a mountain. After a few more minutes, he found a cave, deep and uncertain. He entered it.
The cave involved several turns and twists, like a multi-levelled maze. He found a dead end.
There was a hole, and he could not see what was at the bottom. He looked around to see anything else. He saw a sign naming the mountain.
When he saw the sign, his eyes widened.
He drew his sword, keeping himself ready for anything.
Nothing came.

He ran from the mountain, fast as he could.

When he got home, he ran into the arms of Undyne and Alphys.
"What happened, darling?" Asked Undyne.
"Oh no... what is it?" Alphys sounded concerned.

Darius had been to Mount Ebbott.