The Heartbreak

Kay stood before Sans. Her frying pan in hand, her apron billowing in the non-existent wind. Her eyes were glowing a vibrant green. Still the crack in Sans' face pulsed. He looked at Kay unexpectedly.
"Kay...?" He said, fearful.
"..." Kay said nothing. His white heart floated in its perfectly square box. Kay's frying pan glowed the green that her eyes did, and it produced a large flame that Kay took into her hand and threw at Sans rather regretfully. The heart was attacked by the fire, which weaved and curled not dissimilarly to the shape of an hourglass. Sans had trained himself well when it came to dodging and was not hit at all, but felt the burn of a few particularly artful shots. Kay was astounded. Sans realised it was his turn. He spared Kay.
"..." She looked sad and lonely. The battle continued, and Kay threw more fire based attacks at Sans. He dodged and continued to spare her. She continued to send attacks depressedly. She eventually hit Sans.
"Urf..." Sans groaned. The crack in his face pulsed faster and brighter. He was a weak monster, putting on a lazy attitude, and this gave him a low defense rate, and Kay's attack took him to very low health. Kay looked mortified.
"What are you doing?" She said, confused by his sparing and horrified by her damaging attack. "What are you proving his way? Fight me or leave!" She sounded upset. The fire attacks all avoided Sans' heart, to which he was pleased. He had finally gotten through to her.
"I know you want to go home, but..." Kay began.
"Actually..." Sans said.
"Please go back upstairs. You will be happy here. I promise." She interrupted. Sans sighed and watched as she monologued.
"..." She sighed as well. "Why are you making this so hard? Please. Please, go upstairs. Now."
Sans stayed where he was.
Finally she said. "...No. You are right. It would be wrong to keep you down here. The RUINS are very small once you get used to them. You may go. But you must promise me one thing."
"I'm better at keeping vows than you think." Said Sans.
"Good." Kay said. "When you leave this place, you must never come back. Do you promise?"
"I do." Agreed Sans.
"Good. Thank you, my child. I will miss you." A tear dropped from Kay's eye. She leaned down and hugged Sans. His eyes went wide. He hugged her back.
"Hey, y'know... You remind me of..." Sans began, until he noticed she was gone.
"Heh. Just like Toriel." He said. And left the room.

Hi guys!
Sorry I haven't been uploading, I had trouble logging in. Thank you for being patient. And keep reading! (Please) 😁