The Human

Sans was led out of the dark room by the woman in the apron.
"Thanks for helping me there, lady." Sans said.
"That is ok, my child." Said the woman. "I am Kay, keeper of the RUINS."
"Kay then." Joked Sans. Kay giggled.
Kay led Sans into a room with stairs and a door at the end of it, with the strange symbol again. They walked up the stairs and through the door.
"The RUINS is a maze of puzzles, solutions and confusion, and the way forward will be revealed when the puzzle is correctly answered." She pressed a series of buttons on the floor and a door opened. "Only through finding the correct solutions will the way forward be found. Kay walked through the door. Sans followed.
On the other side of the door was a marked path with levers and a sign that read: Stay on the path.
"To pass this room, you must press the correct switches. I have labelled the ones you need to flip." Kay said.
She was correct, some of the switches had been highlighted. Sans walked down the path and flipped the switches. A spike trap was cancelled out and a path was revealed.
"Very good! You are very good." Kay complimented. She walked to the next room. Sans followed.
"Here in the underground, you will be faced with other monsters who will wish to battle you. In my opinion, the best tactic is to show MERCY and SPARE your opponent. You may practice on the dummy I have supplied in this room."
"Got it" Sans said.
"Before you begin, sparing an opponent requires you to ACT. One example of ACTing is talking to an opponent. When you have ACTed correctly, the opponent's name will turn yellow. It is then that you can successfully spare it. However, sometimes you may have to spare an opponent that's name is not yellow. You may now initiate a battle with the dummy." Kay explained.
"Thanks." Said Sans. He began the battle.