The Questions

When Darius came to, he was in a hospital bed, surrounded by doctors and a worried looking Undyne. Behind the crowd, Alphys could be seen urgently mixing vials of coloured liquids, sweating mightily. When he opened his eyes properly, Undyne's face relaxed, and a Doctor called, "He's conscious!" Alphys turned around quickly to see, and she sighed with relief. Undyne began to hug her son.
"Darius!" She cried. "I... I don't..."
"Mum... What * cough * happened?" Darius wheezed.
"You collapsed after your fight. Rightly so, you didn't have much power left." Alphys commented
"I'm so proud of you. You won the competition!" Undyne said.
"I... I remember... I remember pain..." Darius said, clearly pained and weak.
"That monster got you bad, Darius. It didn't look good out there. We were devastated until you got up." Reminisced Undyne.
"I... Was accused... Of a crime...?" Darius said weakly.
"Yes. Rumours are circulating of you committing treason and your power is being considered a threat to the community. No one has been as powerful as you have since... Since Sans went missing." Alphys said.
"I will fight for you, my darling. No one will intentionally harm you for as long as I live. Not again."

...

Weeks later, Darius had fully healed. His rapid ageing meant that his condition also accelerated. He had arranged to meet with the king. His family was considered close to the royal family because of his mothers position as the Head of the Royal Guard, and Darius' prowess meant that he was well known in the community. Perhaps too well known.

"Darius Astocrin. You have asked to meet me here?" Said King Asgore, the current monarch and leader of monster-kind.
"I have. I wanted to ask you why I have been charged with treason. I have not intentionally threatened or hurt you, as far as I am aware."
"Cameras have seen at night that you walk around in the streets, muttering strange and disturbing prophecies, and dark intentions. Some of these have been stating that I will be murdered, alongside all but a few of monsterkind. It seemed at the time that you intended to fulfil these prophecies yourself. I know not of any grudges you hold, but-"
"At night? I don't leave at night. I don't leave my home to disturb the peace of your city. You think I'd be so evil as to kill you?" Darius questioned.
"You have certainly proven that you have the power to do so in the competition that was held..." Asgore replied, calmly.
"I... apologise for any inconvenience, sir. I know I have not been leaving my house at night, what you have seen may have been someone else, or it may have been an unconscious state of myself, but I certainly do not wish to murder you. You have my word." Darius said, and he began to leave. Asgore watched him go, eyeing him suspiciously.
Darius would certainly not be the one to murder Asgore.