The Damage

All was well in the city of the monsters. Sans and Papyrus were casually strolling around the town square, looking to buy some breakfast.
"Sans? Would you like a crab apple or a cinnamon bunny?" Asked Papyrus.
Sans didn't hear his brother as he was looking in through the open window of a local school. Toriel was inside, teaching a group of monster children.
"Children! It is time for a story!" She called.
"Storytime!" Yelled the children simultaneously.
"Now, my children, it is a long and tiresome tale, so have a seat."
The children all sat down.
"This story begins a long time ago, when two races ruled over earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS..." Toriel began.
"Sans?" Asked Papyrus.
"...why do we hate them? What did they do?"
"Sans..." Said Papyrus.
"They didn't start the war, we did!" Began Sans.
"Sans!" Shouted Papyrus.
Maybe they're not so bad, y'know? "Maybe... If we could just get to know them better, we wouldn't have to-"
Then, Papyrus slapped Sans with all of the strength he could muster, cracking his skull with such force that even his soul magic could not heal it.
"Sigh... You know Sans, sometimes I wish I didn't have a brother."
Papyrus walked away, leaving Sans alone and injured.
A single tear dropped from his eye.