The Undiscovered

Sans found himself outside the large door in a snowy forest, feeling strangely chilled, and not just because of the snow and ice. He walked west, the only path visible that seemed possible to cross. Trees blocked every other side.
Walking west, he found a huge stick on the ground, too heavy to be picked up. He thought nothing of it and walked onwards. As he continued, there was a large snap behind him. The branch...
The branch had been crushed like it was nothing. Sans felt intimidated.
Something was following him. Something dangerous.
He continued.
An ominous hum filled the area, getting louder and louder as he went. Eventually, he reached a gate. It looked like it was supposed to prevent unwanted entry, but didn't. The bars were too wide to be helpful.
A dark figure appeared behind him, getting closer and closer. He was frozen in place. Not with fear, he just could not move. The creature seemed to have frozen him where he stood.
"You." Said the figure. "Don't you know hoe to greet a new pal? Turn around, shake my hand."
Sans slowly turned around and saw a figure covered from head to toe in...
Shadows?
He shook the figure's hand. When he did, the shadows disappeared and the figure was revealed. There was a also the unmistakable noise of a whoopee cushion. The figure was a teenage-looking human with a gun (a real gun, yes) and wearing a cowboy hat. They had vibrant yellow eyes and smirked wildly. "Heh heh heh." He said. "The ol' whoopie cushion-in-the-hand trick. It's always funny." There was a pause, as the cowboy looked Sans up and down, judging him. "Ya don't look too bad. The name's Justin. Justin Stiss. Hope you're alright, pal."
"Thanks. That was pretty funny." Replied Sans.
"Yup. One of my specialities." He winked at Sans.
"We are going to be VERY good friends." Sans said, smiling. He looked East, the way he had been headed.
"You want to go East? Heh. Best choice. There's no way West, because of the great door, and North and South are completely covered by forest. East's your best bet." Said Justin.
"Alright." Said Sans. "By the way, what's with this barrier thing? It's totally ineffective."
"That?" Asked Justin, pointing to a barred wall that was too wide to contain anything. "My bro made that. The bars are too wide to keep anything in or out. Just walk right through." They did.
Justin stopped suddenly. Sans asked what was happening.
"My bro's comin'. He would freak out if he saw a monster. He's been wanting to catch one for years and years. It'll probably get him into the royal guard. That's been his dream for as long as I can remember. He's real hard workin' y'know?" Justin said lazily.
"Yeah, I do..." Sans sighed as he remembered Papyrus.
"Best you get behind that rock. Awfully convenient, huh?" Justin gestured to a rock that looked suspiciously Sans-shaped. He ducked behind it as another figure emerged.
"BROTHER!" It yelled. They were tall, and wore an orange scarf, the colour of their eyes. Their boots were red, and they wore black trousers; their shirt seemed to have medals of honour drawn on in permanent marker. They wore pink gloves with a heart on each, and a bandanna with... Abs...?
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!" They said, very, very loudly.
"Not a lot. Looking at this rock." Replied Justin.
"UH HUH?"
"Its super cool."
"UH HUH??"
"You wanna look?"
"NO, YOU IMBECILE! WHAT IF A MONSTER CAME THROUGH HERE?!? I MUST BE THE ONE TO CATCH THE BEAST! I, THE GREAT BRAYDEN VARY, WILL BE FAMOUS!!!" This person was very enthusiastic.
"Come on, bro. You work so hard already. Sure, maybe hard work can solve any problem. But not working too hard. Don't work yourself too hard, bro." Justin advised.
"BAH! WITHOUT HARD WORK THERE IS NO BENEFIT! I AM GOING TO ATTEND TO MY PUZZLES. YOU DK THE SAME, AND RECALIBRATE THEM!!!!!!!!!! TWEH HEH HEEEEEEHHHH!!!" He shouted as he left.
Sans was just about to move from behind the rock, when Brayden rushed back to shout one last "HEH!"
"...Hey. Y'know, my brother's been looking for a monster for years now. It'd be great if you could show your face around him. It'd make his day. Thanks." He said, winking at Sans with a grin. I'll see ya up ahead." He walked west. Away from the way forward. Sans also walked west. He ended up in the room east of his previous location.

And the real journey began.