The Growing

Darius had formed strong bonds with Undyne and Alphys and had now grown to a toddler. Children born from two of the same sets of DNA often had defects, and it seemed Darius had one meaning he aged rapidly. He also had another that made him produce swords over spears, like Undyne.
"I... Protec... Mama!" Darius said.
"He's so CUTE!!!" Alphys fangirled. Undyne smiled.
"He is, isn't he?" She said.
Darius mimed hitting a human with his plastic 'training sword' that Undyne had given him after realising he produced swords and not spears. He hit a table, breaking the leg.
"Oopsy..." Darius said, clearly apologetic.
"It's ok, my darling." Undyne said, kissing him on the forehead. "We can fix it." Thank you mama!" He said, hugging Undyne.

Later, Alphys was playing 'peekaboo' with Darius, when there was a knock at the door. Undyne walked out of the living room and unlocked the door, and Papyrus came through it.
"Hello, Undyne, Alphys, kid I don't know. Wait. Who's the kid I don't know?" Papyrus asked.
"Papyrus, this is Darius, our son." Undyne answered.
"But you... You can't..." Papyrus said, confused.
Undyne explained it to him. Darius ran up to Papyrus and hit him in the leg with the plastic sword.
"Heh heh, he's tough, isn't he?" He said. He summoned a bone and stuck it in the ground for Darius to hit.
"We love him to bits." Undyne said. "Little bits that I bet will eventually protect all of monster kind.
"FORESHADOWING!" Someone yelled from the background.
"Anyway, why did you come over?" Undyne enquired.
"Yes, have you seen Sans at all? I can't find him anywhere."
"No, sorry, has something happened?" Undyne asked.
"He started talking about humans with more worth than monsters. I believed this to be atrocious behaviour and slapped him, and I haven't seen him since. It is his own fault, I was discouraging his way of acting." Papyrus answered.
"Hmm..." Undyne thought about him for a minute.
"Nguh! Whuh!" Darius said as he thumped the bone with his sword. He broke it. Papyrus flinched.
"Uhff... Well, I should be off. See you later, Alphys, Undyne. Kid I now know." Papyrus left.

"I...
Protec...
Mama!"

He could not protect her from the future.