chapter 1

Hi! sorry if it's a little short I was just impatient and really wanted to get the chapter out. Let me know if there's any spelling errors and what not, enjoy!!

Warnings: slight cursing
(Y/f/f)= your favorite fruit
______________________

You awoke to the sound of a knock on your door. Climbing out of your bed and rushing to the door to stop the annoying knocking. You open the door to see one of your friends with a bright smile on their face.  

“hi (y/n)! I just came by to tell you that lady Tsunade has requested you along with the rest of the gang in about 30 minutes for a mission briefing.” tenten says with excitement. You stare at her for a few seconds still half asleep trying to figure out what she just said. After a few seconds you shake your head and mumble a quick “ok” before saying goodbye and closing the door. 

You walked towards your closet to grab some clothes before grabbing (y/f/f) to eat on the way to lady tsunades office.  As you were walking to lady tsunades office you ran into some of the gang.  

“oh hi ino and kiba, Im guessing you guys are heading to lady tsunade’s as well?” you asked as ino and kiba (and akamaru ofc) followed in step by you. They nodded their heads and continued to walk along with you talking about whatever had happened the previous day.  

“oh (y/n) did you hear about shikamaru!” ino interrupted, while kiba was talking about something that happened with akamaru the other day. You perked up hearing shikamarus name and slightly glanced away to try and hide your small smile when hearing his name.  

“No I haven't heard about him ino” you say trying to play it cool. Ino then tells you about how shikamaru has returned from a mission hes been on for a week and will be joining you guys with whatever lady tsunade is calling you to her office for. Your heart starts pumping a little faster after hearing the news that shikamaru will be there as well.  

You, ino, and kiba made it to lady tsunades office and knock on her door. Lady tsunade says to enter and all three of you walk in. The first thing you notice when you enter is naruto arguing with sakura about some dude on their last mission. Next to them is sai just staring at them with his signature smile on his face, like nothing in world is wrong. Besides them was lee and neji, along with choji who was munching on a bag of chips like always. By them is shino who is looking out the window, most likely talking with one of his bugs or something. Hinata is standing by herself looking at naruto while blushing at naruto like always.  

You and ino go over towards hinata while kiba goes towards the guys, while naruto and sakura continue to argue. While you, ino, and hinata where talking you heard a knock on the door, lady tsunade says enter. The first to walk through the door was tenten who smiles at you and walks towards lady tsunade with papers in her hands. the person who follows her through makes your stomach flip for a second.  

‘holy fuck’ is what you say in your mind as shikamaru walks through the door. Shikamaru has some dirt and soot on his face, probably from the mission he just got back from. He walks over to stand by lady tsunades desk.  

“what a drag, I just got back and im already being called for another mission. This is bull shit.” shikamaru complains while putting his arms behind his head and groaning. When he groaned it made your stomach flutter once again. Lady tsunade ignored his whining and took the papers from tenten .  

“alright first off, quit complaining. Second you all have a mission, it is soley a recon mission nothing else.” she glares at naruto with that last sentence. “There are reports of weird things happening at a village a day's trip from here, I need you all to check it out. Neji you are the leader for this mission, you can do as you see fit with the group after I finish the briefing. You all will leave after the briefing is done. I also am letting you all know that this mission will last a couple weeks. Don’t worry we have set up arrangements for you guys to rest at that village. That will be all, neji stay after too I can give you extra details” tsunade finishes.  

You all file out of tsunades office and head to your houses to pack bags for the next few weeks. After you’ve packed your bag you head towards the front gate and wait for everyone else. After a minute or so of waiting you see someone walking up next to you.  

“hey (y/n)” shikamaru mumbles with his eyes closed as he leans against the gate. Your eyes slightly widen realizing its shikamaru next you.  

“oh, hi shikamaru” you say in the most normal voice you can, even though your heart is beating hard as hell right now. You've had a crush on shikamaru since you guys first met at the ninja acadamy, the only other people that know is tenten, and hinata (only because they found your diary a couple years ago) and you made them swear on their lives that they wouldn’t tell anybody. After you two greeted each other the rest of the group arrive. This makes you a little sad but in your head, you realize you also have the next few weeks with shikamaru.  

“alright its noon now, like lady tsunade said the village is about a day's trip away so if we hurry now we should get there sometime late tomorrow.” neji announces and starts to lead the group out of the village. You stay towards the back of the group as you walk out the gates. After walking a few steps, you turn and walk backwards looking at the village. 

“Seeya in a few weeks home”  

______________

Yayyyy first chapter

I hope you guys liked it! Again its a little short only about 975 words :((( I hope to make each chapter atleast 1k+ words.

Add my snap so I can add you to my anime ps so you can get the quickest updates about my writing and to also see me stress about any other stupid shit lmao >>> @/ savystarbucks

(I know its silly lmao I made it in like 7th grade)
Anywayysss look out for updates weekly, ill try updating once or twice a week. Have a wonderful day/night/mornings

-Liv <3 <3