chapter 2

Hello Hello! Here is ch.2, I hope you all like it and make sure to comment if i made any mistakes!! Enjoy reading <3

warnings: none, maybe like 1 or 2 curse words, not sure lmao
(f/c)= favorite constellation

_____________

Its about 10 hours into you're journy towards the village. You're traviling through the trees like always, so its not the worst thing in the world. You see neji look back at the group and tell you guys to stop at a near by cave thats ahead to rest for awhile. You glance and look over at tenten, who came to the back to give you some company a few hours ago.

"Hey, Im going to catch up with neji and talk more about the mission, that alright?" Tenten asked. You nodded your head and said a quick "thats fine". Tenten smiled and sped up towards neji.

You and the group continuted going through the trees and arrived at the cave after 10 minutes. The group all settles into the cave around a fire that Kiba had started. Neji and Tenten are discussing things about the mission, so the rest of the group is sitting around the fire talking. You sat next to hinata and ino while the boys sat opposite to you three.

"So, (y/n) how has life been with you and your father...you know after what happened to your mother" Hinata quielty asked. Your mother was a jonin who gave her life during a mission 2 years ago. You try not to think about it a lot but you didnt want to be rude to hinata.

"Im doing ok, I try not to think about it too much but its something that just stays in the back of my head constintly." You replied in an unhappy tone. Hinata gave you a sympathetic smile while you just looked away thinking about your mother. You dont know how long you were staring at nothing, when Neji and tenten got everyones attention.

"We are going to rest here for a couple hours, then we'll finish our journey at sunrise." Neji announces to the group. "We'll take shifts for watch so others can rest. The first group that will take watch is me and Tenten. Next Shino and Choji, after them will be Lee and Hinata. following them will be Shikamaru and (y/n). After them Sai and Naruto. Lastly Sakura and Ino." Neji finishes, looking at the group. When neji mentioned you would be with shikamaru, you suddenly got nervous and looked away. You glanced at Tenten knowing she probably had something with you getting paired with shikamaru. Tenten smirked slightly when she saw you glancing at her.

"Alright, you guys rest while we start watch." Neji says. You and the rest of those not doing watch lay your bags down for pillows and lay around the fire to sleep. Staying next to ino and hinata, you lay down and put your head on a your bag. As you close your eyes, you hear someone shift and lay down next you. You opened one of your eyes to see shikamarus back towards you. Eyes both open now, your breathing stops for a second. Trying to ignore it, you shut your eyes and go to sleep.

~time skip~

You wake up to the feeling of someone touching your arm and a small scent of pinewood. You open your eyes and the first thing you see is 2 brown eyes staring back at you. Looking down, you notice that you had moved over while sleeping and were now only a few inches away from Shikamaru. Realizing the position you guys are in, you sit up quickly and scoot away from him.

"Sorry, you werent waking up when I called your name." he apoligized. "Ah no, its my fault, im sort of a heavy sleeper" you reply a little flustered at what had just accured. Looking around you finally realize that its your guys turn to do watch. You get up and grab your jacket from your bag and head outside the cave with Shikamaru. Judging with how you two are the 4th group its probably somewhere around 2 am.

Your head tilts up towards the sky gazing up at the stars. Looking at the stars was something that was always relaxing and peaceful, you would count the stars until you forget what number you're on and have to restart.

After a couple minutes of counting the stars you felt Shikamaru staring at you. Looking away from the stars you look at him. You and him made eye contact for a few seconds before you turned your head out towards the forest. Shikamaru looked out to the forest a few seconds later, putting his arms behind him resting his back against the wall by the cave entrence. Shikamaru was the first to say something.

"How'd you sleep?" he quitly said trying not to disturb the others in the cave. you glance back over to him, "I slept ok, wish i got a little more. What about you?" you ask him back.

"Eh, like you, wish i could have slept more. Why were you staring at the stars for so long, i think i saw you blink only like twice." He chuckles towards the end. You giggle a little at what he had said. Gazing back up at the stars you answer him.

"Well, I think its just a relaxing thing to do. it also gives me something to do when im just sitting around bored. if i have a bad day i'll leave my house and go up to The Hokage Rock and count the stars. Me and my mom used to count stars together, she always would point out the constellations." You sigh at the end, looking at (f/c), remembering it was you and your moms favorite. Shikamaru stared at you while you spoke, a small smile on his face.

"Whats your favorite constellation?" he asked. Perking up at the thought of your favorite constellation, you scoot over to where you two are sitting almost shoulder to shoulder. "Well my favorite is (f/c), its up right past that really bright star." you point towards the sky with a bright smile on your face. Shikamaru looks to where you're pointing, leaning over just a bit to were his head is almost touching your shoulder. Shikamaru looks to were you're pointing, he notices you're (f/c) saying a quick "wow" before leaning back away and looking at you.

"Thats actually pretty sick, maybe after this mission we can go at night one day and look for more constellations." Shikamaru mentions to you. Smiling you reply, "Yes, I would love to!". Shikamaru gives you a small smile, you smile back at him. After a few seconds you look away realizing everything that had just happened. You and shikamaru noticed that your shift on watch is about over. Both of you head back inside the cave and lightly shake Sai and Naruto, letting them know its their turn to go on watch.

Once they are awake, you and Shikamaru lay back down by your bags. When you lay down, your back is facing shikamaru. You start to close your eyes, feeling the little warmth thats left by the dying fire. As you're drifting off to sleep you here light moving from behind you.

The last thing you remember before falling asleep, is a light touch on your back.

______

thank you for reading!!

I hope to have chapter 3 out by friday but if not, no later than saturday! After asking you guys how long you would like this story to be, i plan on making this a sort of in the middle of fast an slow paced. with that being said, i plan on doing somewhere between 15-25 chapters  but who knows that could always change!

Again, thank you for reading, have a wonderful day/night/afternoon!

-Liv <3