The Parting of Ways

°☆•°Episode 13: The Parting of Ways°•☆°

Part One

Emma stumbled back when a Dalek moved closer to her, its blaster arm moving up threateningly to point at her face

Emma stumbled back when a Dalek moved closer to her, its blaster arm moving up threateningly to point at her face. "You know the Doctor. You understand him. You will predict his actions."

The brunette spluttered as she was backed against the wall, "I don't know!" She exclaimed, moving her hands out in front of her to stop it from getting closer. "Even if I did, it's not like I'm going to tell you!"

"Predict! Predict! Predict!"

"Tardis detected in flight." A different Dalek announced.

"Launch missiles. Exterminate." The Dalek in front of Emma ordered.

Emma made a startled noise of protest and stepped forward, "You can't! That could kill him!"

"You have predicted correctly."

•☆•

"We've got incoming!" Jack shouted, "The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk." He scoffed.

The Doctor smirked and pushed a leaver up, "And for my next trick."

The TARDIS materialised around Emma and the Dalek closest to her. "Emma, get down! Get down, Em!" He shouted, watching as Emma quickly listened and ducked down.

"Exterminate!" The Dalek shouted before Jack shot it with his modified Defabricator, causing it to explode.

Emma watched with wide eyes before she sighed in relief and stood up to look at the Doctor with a soft smile. "You did it."

He breathed out a chuckle before rushing over to hug her. He swept her off her feet and kissed the side of her head, closing his eyes as he breathed in deeply, inhaling the intoxicating smell of honey and jasmine. He squeezed tighter when he felt her shuffle in his arms.

Finally letting her go he let his hands cup her jaw, taking in the sight of her blinding smile before checking over her for any scrapes.

"It feels like I haven't seen you in years." Emma breathed out, setting her hands over his.

"I told you I'd come and get you." He grinned, pushing her hair back behind her ear.

Emma mirrored his grin and shook her head lightly as to not dislodge his hands. "I never doubted you, Doc."

"I did." He gulped, "You alright?" He murmured.

"Yeah," She briefly shut her eyes leaning her forehead on his, "You?"

"Not bad, been better." He hid his wince when she pulled back to look at him, a frown overtaking her flushed face. She looked at him in concern before he shook his head and waved her worried look off.