The Long Game

°☆•° Episode 7: The Long Game °•☆°

Part One

The Doctor walked around the TARDIS in search of the curious brunette

The Doctor walked around the TARDIS in search of the curious brunette. With the close call earlier he wanted to spend more time with her. He also didn't want to spend anymore time with the flirting couple at the central console.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked his most trusted friend as he walked. She hummed back softly making him smile. "Of course" He chuckled, changing his direction.

•☆•

The Doctor opened the doors of the TARDIS library and walked in, the tall book shelves looming over him as he walked further in seeing light from the fireplace.

A warm smile curled at his lips as he gazed at Emma sat nestled on a large deep red arm chair with an old yellowed page leather book on her lap. Her brown hair was tied up in a bun with some flyaways framing her face. She looked peaceful and happy as she read. He almost didn't want to disturb the calm atmosphere but he really needed her company.

"What are you up too?" He asked in a teasing voice. She snapped her gaze up from her book to the alien who grinned at her.

She smiled cutely at him, shuffling the book on her lap, she was happy to see him. "I thought I may as well research all kinds of aliens I can. That way I know what to do if we ever meet one," She grinned, shrugging her shoulders, "I'd rather not be completely ignorent as we travel the stars."

He nodded, breathing deeply as he stepped closer, only inches away from her chair. "I almost lost you. I thought you died."

Emma tilted her head, her smile faltering at the lost look on his face as he replayed the Dalek situation, "You didn't lose me Doc and hopefully you never will" It was a naive thought but definitely one she wanted to play through.

He smiled adoringly at her, taking his hand out his pocket to gesture to join her on the chair.

She shuffled to the side pressing into the corner, leaving some room for him to squeeze beside her. She lifted the book so he could sit down.

He glanced down at the page she was on and smiled.

"Oh!" The Doctor smiled, pointing at a drawing of a tattered looking mummy, "Sutekh, found him in the Pyramids of Mars with Sarah."

"Who?" She asked, gently brushing the drawing with her thumb. Enjoying his company and close contact as well as his genuine smile at the memory.

"Sarah Jane Smith. One of my past companion's during my..." He paused to think, "Forth Regeneration"

Emma's brows furrowed at the word having no idea what he meant by it, "Regeneration?"

He sighed lightly as he thought about the pros and cons of telling Emma more about Timelords. He looked down at the brunette who only held curiosity, not a malicious bone in her body as she looked up at him with gentle doe eyes.