Part Two

°☆•° Episode 12: Bad Wolf °•☆°

Part Two

The Doctor stepped out of the corridor and paused for a moment to take in his surroundings, "Hold on. I've been here before." He said, looking around the familiar space. "This is Satellite Five. No guards. That makes a change. You'd think a big business like Satellite Five would be armed to the teeth."

"No one's called it Satellite Five in ages." Lynda scrunched her nose, slipping her side bag off and dropping it onto the concrete ground. "It's the Game Station now. Hasn't been Satellite Five in about a hundred years."

The Doctor moved to stand in front of a large panel, using his screwdriver to scan it. "A hundred years exactly. It's the year two zero zero one zero zero." He told her thinking back to when he was in the station with Emma and Rose, ignoring the name Adam when it popped into his mind, "I was here before, Floor one three nine. The Satellite was broadcasting news channels back then. Had a bit of trouble upstairs. Nothing too serious. Easy. Gave them a hand, home in time for tea."

Lynda sent him a curious glance as he flitted around the walls scanning away, "A hundred years ago? What, you were here a hundred years ago?"

"Yep!" The Doctor grinned.

She looked him up and down, crossing her arms with a small smirk. "You're looking good on it."

"I moisturise." The Doctor joked before looking at his screwdriver, "Funny sorts of readings. All kinds of energy. The place is humming. It's weird. This goes way beyond normal transmissions. What would they need all that power for?"

"I don't know. I think we're the first-ever contestants to get outside."

The Doctor tried another palm reader to open one of the doors but nothing happened. He turned to Lynda and sighed, "I had three friends travelling with me. They must've got caught in the same transmat. Where would they be?"

"I don't know." Lynda shrugged, "They could've been allocated anywhere. There are a hundred different games."

"Like what?"

"Well..." Lynda let out a sharp breath and pointed behind her to the door they had just left, "there are ten floors of Big Brother. There's a different House behind each of those doors. And then beyond that, there are all sorts of shows. It's non stop. There's Call My Bluff, with real guns. Countdown, where you've got thirty seconds to stop the bomb going off." Lynda winced, biting her lip while she tried to think of more games, "Ground Force, which is a nasty one. You get turned into compost. Er, Wipeout, speaks for itself. Oh, and Stars In Their Eyes. Literally, stars in their eyes. If you don't sing, you get blinded."

The Doctor's brows furrowed, "And you watch this stuff?"

"Everyone does!" She giggled, rolling her eyes. "How come you don't?"

"Never paid for my licence."

"Oh, my God!" Lynda gasped making the Doctor grin, "You get executed for that."

The Doctor leaned closer to her and clicked his tongue, "Let them try."

Lynda shook her head, "You keep saying things that don't make sense. Who are you though, Doctor, really?"