The Unquiet Dead

°° Episode 3: The Unquiet Dead °•☆°

Part One

Emma laughed loudly clinging onto the jumpseat as she watched the Doctor attempt to teach Rose how to fly the Tardis

Emma laughed loudly clinging onto the jumpseat as she watched the Doctor attempt to teach Rose how to fly the Tardis. She had just tried for herself and -not to toot her own horn...toot toot- she did pretty good for her first time flying a spaceship.

"Hold that one down!" He yelled to the blonde, he pointed to a leaver close to her.

"I'm holding this one down!" Rose exclaimed back getting irritated with him. He was quieter with Emma.

"Well, hold them both down!" He shouted looking at the monitor to check their progress.

"It's not going to work!" She grumbled loudly trying to reach for the lever halfway acccross the console, "I am not as good as Em"

The brunette jumped from her seat to help her out. "Ro, you're doing fantastic. Don't listen to Mr Grumpy over there"

"Oi" He exclaimed, offended. She gave him a teasing grin and pulled the lever down. She raised onto her toes and kissed the side of Rose's head loudly before carefully rounding the console to check on the moniter with the Doctor. She held on with tightly as the Tardis shook violently.

"I promised you a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?" He asked them.

"What happened in 1860?" Rose queried from the opposite side of the console, holding down a lever while trying to stay on her feet.

"I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go!" He wobbled closer to Rose and pulled down a large lever on the side of the console. He quickly grabbed Emma and pulled her between his arms as the Tardis rattled and jolted so much he could tell she could barely hold on.

•☆•

The trio were thrown to the floor as the Tardis landed. With Emma held tight on top of the Doctor the three of them howled in laughter. The Doctor pulled both of the girls up trying to quelm his chuckles. "Bilmey" Rose breathed out, running a hand through her knotted hair.

"Tell me about it" Emma nudged Rose straightening her skirt.

"You alright?" The Doctor asked them, finally calming down enough to speak properly.

"Yeah, no broken bones Doc" Chirped Emma, as she looked at the gibberish on his monitor screen.

"Did we make it? Where are we?" Rose asked, walking to the other side of the Doctor.

"I did it! Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860" He said proudly reading off the screen.

"That's so weird it's Christmas" Rose mumbled.