Part 2

°☆•° Episode 1: Emma & Rose °•☆°

Part 2

Emma opened one of her eyes to see Rose's face smushed into her pillow. Emma chuckled her voice heavy with sleep. She flipped on her side to turn off the blaring alarm that woke her up. A half-awake Rose unfurled slightly out of her curled position. Emma silently laughed at the blonde's horrific bedhead. As Emma reached over to fix it, Rose's hand slapped her away.

"Not like your hair is any better" Rose grumbled, patting down the strands that were defying gravity. Emma yawned mid-laugh at the half-hearted jab.

"There's no point in getting up you two. You've got no jobs to go to" Jackie shouted from behind the door. Emma just huffed and fell back into her pillow.

"Have you told your sister? About the store" Rose asked. Emma gave her a look saying 'seriously?' and passed Rose her phone.

"Are you waiting for her to call you? Have you cleaned out her room yet?" asked Rose.

Emma ran a hand through her hair before starting to tie it up. "Yeah, I finished yesterday morning just before I came to yours" Rose gave her a sleepy smile and slid herself out the bed. Rose slowly walked around the bed and grabbed Emma's hand dragging her out of the warm bed to the kitchen.

"There's Finch's. You could try them. They've always got jobs" Rose grimaces at Jackie's loud voice and hands Emma a slice of toast.

"Oh, great. The butchers." Emma screwed up her nose at the thought, the idea of becoming a vegetarian getting more attractive.

"Well, it might do you good." Jackie declared loudly coming out of the kitchen in her silk robe. "That shop was giving you airs and graces. And I'm not joking about compensation. You've had genuine shock and trauma Em. Arianna got two thousand quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek! I know she is Greek, but that's not the point." Rose and Emma's eyes rolled simultaneously as they glanced at each other.

Emma's head snapped to the door when a rattle came from the cat flap. Rose groaned loudly, rubbing her face. "Mum! I told you to nail the cat flap down!"

Emma slowly stood up, she fidgeted with the hem of her blue hoodie as she walked to the door. "No you thought about it" Rose exclaimed loudly walking onto the kitchen to confront her mum after she said 'I did it weeks back!'. 

Looking at the floor seeing the nails on the ground, Emma bit at her lip still walking forward. The flap moved slightly and she flinched back before leaning down to the flap. Lifting it carefully, to her surprise the strange brunette from the shop looks back at her. Emma yelped, falling onto her bum letting go of the flap. Shaking her head to get rid of the surprise she jumped back up onto her feet and quickly unlocked the door.

In all his leather glory there he stood.

"What are you doing here?" Her eyebrows furrowed at his weird question.

"I live in this block!" she shivered at the cold air coming in.

"Why do you do that then?" he questioned, eyebrows furrowing.

"Just... because I do! You blew up my job otherwise I wouldn't be here!"

He pulled out the metal stick from before and it started buzzing emitting the same blue light. "I must have got the wrong signal. You're not plastic, are you?" he knocks on her forehead sending her back a bit "No, bonehead. Bye, then". With her jaw clenched and eyes narrowed she grabbed a hold of the Doctor's jacket and pulled him inside the flat.