Chapter 10

NOT EDITED

Atara gazed at the swans in the pond as her hand swept through the cold water causing ripples in it's calm form. She was lost in her own thoughts. She was going to leave her house forever after one week. She was to live with her mate now. As much as the thought made her happy it also broke her heart to leave her parents who had loved her unconditionally. She remembered her childhood spent playing with Orion and Origon in the gardens of heaven. How her mothers would do tricks to make her finish her food. Her long talks with God about the creation of mankind.

She would miss this. It was her home afterall.

While she was so lost in her own life she didn't notice when someone covered her eyes with their palm.

She was confused and scared at the same time for this touch was not familiar to her.

"Miss me angel?" An unfamiliar male voice asked.

Atara frowned and removed the hand from her eyes. She didn't want any unfamiliar person to touch her. Especially a male. That was reserved for only her mate. And it was a rule. No other male could touch a female once she has found her mate. Only mate's have their rights on each other.

She turned around to face a tall man standing in front of her with a playful grin. He had green eyes with a beautiful smile that she knew many unmated angels will die for. But not her. Her Lucifer was more than enough for her. His dark orbs which glanced at her with love were the only thing she craved for.

The stranger's grin disappeared at her lack of response. A look of Hurt crossed his face but it was quickly covered with a smile.

"W-who are you?" She asked him after tilting her head to a side.

"Me? You don't remember?" He asked again but she replied with a blank stare making him sigh.

"It's me Adheres." He said in his cheerful voice.

Atara was going to argue but a look of realisation dawned upon her.

She squealed and jumped slightly while her hands covered her mouth from shock.

"God! You are The Adheres! The one who was my friend in childhood. Where were you for so many years? I have missed you Adheres." She said the last part with sadness.

Adheres was her friend in childhood and he was the son of a warrior. After a certain age he had to leave for training. Since then it had been 6 years.

"Thank the lord you atleast remember that I was your friend. You haven't changed a bit since last time. But... you have grown into a more beautiful woman now." Adheres scratched the back of his neck nervously as his eyes took in the beauty in front of him.

"And that Woman is Mine."

Adheres and Atara were startled by the sudden voice of authority and sheer dominance.

Both of them turned around to face a seething Lucifer. His wings were out and ready. His jaw clenched and his eyes...they were glowing. But they were glowing silver this time.

Atara smiled in glee at her mate's sudden presence. But Adheres was confused and shocked. He was unaware about fate's decision to mate the innocent soul of his friend to the dark lord. Whom he considered as his enemy.

On an instinct, Adheres stood in front of Atara to shield her from Lucifer. He did not want the cruel demon to hurt his friend. But little did he know, the demon lord will give his soul but never let a scratch on her.

Lucifer growled at his action. Adheres was blocking Lucifer's view.

"Move. Away." Lucifer growled in anger at the boy.