Chapter 1

The cold breeze blew the curtains away as the gods and angels sat in the huge marble hall in heaven. It was their place to meet and discuss issues informally. It was more like a place for leisure to them. They could discuss their interests without any fear of their creator.

"Asus, where were you from so many days?" Poseidon asked taking a sip from the dark liquid in his glass.

Asus sighed and sat on one of the silver chairs near the huge round table.

"I had gone to save some of our angels whom Lucifer had taken again." He said with frustrations clear on his beautifully sculpted face. He was one the best warriors in the whole universe.

"And so? Were you not able to save them, again?" Hera asked with a smirk. She knew she was pissing him off but that did not stop her. Athena sent a glare her way to shut her up. But it only encouraged her further as her smirk widened.

"Lucifer is starting to bother us very much now. Every now and then he kidnaps an angel and Lord knows what experiments he does on them. I remember once an angel was recovered by me and Orion from the borders. Poor soul was not even able to stand. Like all its power was sucked out of it. The angel died after a few days without even explaining us what happened." Zoles said.

Everybody in heaven was well aware of the devil's actions. They all tried to tell the god and convince him to take actions but God wanted peace. He knew very well the wrath of Lucifer would destroy not only the heaven but also the universe. So he had kept silence on the topic for long.

Athena wiped a tear away from her pale face. She was always sensitive to such things.

"Don't you think we should convince God to take some action against him. Atleast he should talk to Lucifer. How long are we going to tolerate this?" She questioned all of them while standing near the huge windows that gave a beautiful view of the magical garden where their Princess was playing.

Adele's gaze fell on the beautiful girl who was running behind a rabbit in the lush gardens of heaven. A smile formed on her face looking at her innocence.

"What have you thought about her birthday?" Adele asked out of the box suddenly. Everyone took a second to understand exactly whom she was reffering to. And once they did, everyone's face had a huge smile on it.

"A grand party for everyone."

"God will decide what we should do."

"Shall we gift her something like a flying horse? What do they call it?- Unicorn! Yeah how about that?"

"Thats too simple. Alexis is at the north. Shall we ask him to bring something?"

Chaos started in the hall as everyone started to think of a way to celebrate their daughter's 18th birthday.

Atara was the combination of all of them and hence they were all her parents and loved her equally. Even she considered them as her parents and loved them equally. She was such an angelic and pure soul that everyone was left enchanted by her. Even the supreme lord loved her deeply that he had decided that she will reside in his personal palace which was a very secure place. Nobody was allowed to meet the Lord whenever they wanted but her. The god would talk and meet her whenever she wanted.

"Silence everyone!" Hera said making everyone keep quite. Everybody now stared at her as she stood at the center of the room.

"I think, we should ask her itself." She suggested and within a second all of them teleported to the magical gardens where the girl sat with the rabbit on her lap as she caressed its fur. Her clothes made her look more feminine and hugged her petite frame tightly.

She was engrossed in the rabbit so much that she did not see the gods now standing behind her, and smiling at her with adoration and love.

"My love" Athena called the girl. Atara turned to look at them with her bright blue eyes shining in the light.

A bright smile formed on her plump pink lips as she saw her parents.

"Mother!Father!" She said as she kept the rabbit down and ran to them. She was engulfed in a hug by all of them one by one. She never got tired of all the affection she recieved. Neither did the gods get tired of loving her.

"My dear, we all have come here because we have a question in our mind." Asus said looking at his creation. She looked at them with a small scrunch.

"Your eighteenth birthday is here Atara. And we don't know what we should gift you." One of them said with a sheepish smile. Atara smiled brightly. She had always loved gifts though she recieved many everyday from visitors and other gods and angels.

"A gift?" She asked with her eyes shining with excitement.

"Yes princess." Hera said caressing her face.

"Um..what should I ask for?" She asked herself loudly and kept a hand on her chin pretending to think hard.

After a few moments she squealed as she finally decided.

"I want the soulmate bird!" She said making everyone's eyes widen.

The soulmate bird was an ancient bird who would tell you about your soulmate and would also take you to them. It was very helpful back then to find true mates but one day, the devil stole it.

Lucifer stole it and caged it in hell in anger. It was a very famous story but maybe the girl did not know about it.

"Um Atara the bird is not here." Zoles said with a sad look. Atara's face fell.

"W-Why?" She asked with quivering lips.

The gods looked at each other with sad faces.

Gabriel came forward to explain. Because the story was closely related to him.

"It was placed in this garden itself. One day I came to it and asked about my soulmate. Just when it was going to tell me, Lucifer appeared before us." He explained.

Atara's eyes widened in shock. She had heard the stories of Lucifer and had an idea of his cruel ways. But him coming here in heaven was shocking to her. Nobody could easily come in the heavens. He must be very powerful if he could just suddenly appear here.

"He asked the bird about his mate, on which the bird scowled and the goddess within the bird, Seline laughed on Lucifer's face and said that his dark soul was not blessed with a mate and that he shall remain alone forever. She made fun of him saying that even the demons in hell will once find mates but he won't. This angered the King of hell so much that he stole the bird and took it to the hell. He declared that there was no such thing like mate and love. We have information that he has kept Seline locked in a cell. He tortures her by killing angels who are mates in front of her eyes."

The girl couldn't stop the tears from falling from her eyes as she heard another tale of Lucifer's cruelty.

"Poor Seline. What was her fault?" She said as her mothers tried to console her. Atara was a sensitive girl which was the result of her very kind heart. She would cry at simplest things and was very emotional. There was one disadvantage of her kindness that she believed anyone and everyone. She was not aware of feelings like betrayal and jealousy so she thought that everyone around her was a nice person. Though she knew that Lucifer was cruel she would not hesitate to help him if he needs anytime. That was her level of kindness, to forgive and help everyone no matter who they are and what they did. And this thing worried her creators. They were worried because it was easy to hurt her for others because she thought of everyone as kind just like her. She was totally unaware of the dark side of the world.

She was not stupid or naive. She was pure and innocent.

And they say that opposites attract, so will this innocent beauty too attract the dark soul of the devil?