Chapter 11

Both of them were lost into each others eyes. Forgetting about the world around them, there minds were occupied by thoughts of their mate. And in a painfully slow motion, their lips met.

Atara closed her eyes as she felt the new feeling on her lips. Her entire insides were on fire. Flames of desire burned in her heart as Lucifer clutched her waist and pulled her even more closer. There bodies completely touching, not a mere gap in between as he tilted her face and his tongue grazed her lips. In an involuntary motion, she parted her lips for him to devour her mouth. His hot tongue reached every part of her mouth. Until now Atara's hands were wrapped around his neck as he had lent down and she was sure that if it wasn't for his hold on her waist she would have collapsed. Her knees buckled and she felt the need to breathe. Though her heart never wanted to leave his skillfull lips, her body started retracting, slowly withdrawing her hands from his neck, she pulled away.

Lucifer felt the need to capture her lips again, but his mate needed to breathe right now.

Atara's entire body flushed a deep red as the realization of the moment dawned upon her.

She just had her first kiss. With her devilishly handsome and strong mate. And she had responded to it. Something she thought she would never be able to do at her first kiss. The thoughts of being inexperienced for him flew out of the window as a new surge of confidence filled her.

She looked up through her long lashes, his face had a smile of it's own. A smile full of love. Something which only she was allowed to see. She was his mate afterall. His little angel mate.

And Lucifer kissed her again. First time, it was heat of the moment but second time, it was their need. Their hunger for each other.

Thaddeus growled inside Lucifer. The lust for his mate growing. Lucifer's senses were now controlled by him.

Lucifer left her mouth to place kisses on her jaw, her chin followed by her long neck. Atara clutched his clothes tightly as her head tilted to give him more access.

But their heated moment was broken abruptly by a loud knock on the door of the chamber.

Leaving Atara's neck, Lucifer growled in anger.

"Who is it? Who dares to disturb me when I am with my mate?" He said in anger. His voice raised and a harsh tone behind it. A slight difference in his voice which did not go unnoticed by Atara.

She had not seen him raise his voice much like this. With her it had always been gentle and softer. But now the thing dawned upon her. He was rude. He was rude and harsh to anyone else other than her. Be it Hera, Gabriel or her friend. Lucifer had always been rude to them.

Something in Atara felt special but the other moral and kind side of her did not like it one bit. She liked to speak in a polite tone with everyone no matter who or what they did. But her mate was completely opposite. And Atara always learned that being punctual and polite was the only way to speak which could bring us peace.

Her thoughts were broken as the door opened and a poor servant peeked inside. Anybody could tell that the poor being was shaking. Who won't after such a warm welcome by the devil himself.

"It better be important." Lucifer said under his breath. Though his attentive and observant mate heard it.

"M-My king, God requests y-your presence in his throne room, along with L-Lady Atara. It's some thing i-important because all the gods are present." She said and ran away like her backside was on fire.

Atara glanced at Lucifer who sucked in a deep breath.

"We can always ditch that stupid meet-" he was cut off by his mate.
"No No. We will go. It must be really important."