Chapter 7

"Okay. You can stay here for a week but....first I have a demand."

Atara's face lit up at Lucifer's words. He had agreed to let her stay with her parents for another one week. She had expected him to not agree because of the way he had earlier dismissed God's idea. But it was her puppy dog eyes this time. And not to forget, the distraction of a pout. Nobody could deny her wishes looking at that innocent face. So who was her mate to escape her charm.

"Thank you! Thank you so much." She said with a grin.

Adorable.
The demons whispered. A smile found its way on his face.

"But...as I said, I have a demand that you need to fulfill first, little angel." He said with a smirk. The smile from her face fell as she heard him.

"What demand?" Adele asked him with a confused face. All the gods and Goddesses were fuming.

First, their daughter had choosen him and then he was not letting her stay with them. On top of that he had the audacity to have demands.

But they couldn't do anything to him. He was not only the most powerful of all but also their daughters mate, much to their dismay. And Atara had chosen him. She had given him a chance. They had to respect her decision.

"I want you to spend the day with me, little angel." Lucifer said cupping her cheek with his hand.

A light coat of blush covered her cheeks and she looked down. She had mixed feelings about everything. She was happy that she found her mate and he was so incredibly handsome. But she was also sad because her parents were angry and hurt. And now his wish to spend the day with her, it was all overwhelming for her. Him wanting to spend time with her. It made her feel special in a different way. She was always treated special by everyone but this....this was something else. A new feeling. She suddenly wanted to be appreciated and loved by him and him only. Opinions and feelings of others towards her didn't matter. As selfish and as quick these feelings were, it was the magic of the mate bond. It didn't even take minutes for the mates to start affecting each others lives.

"I wouldn't mind that-" she was roughly cut off by Poseidon. "That is not possible. We can't risk her security." Heads turned to him as he came forward. Atara frowned at him. She was excited for spending some time with her mate, for getting to know him. But her parents were so adamant on ruining it for them.

"But father..." this time she was cut off by a glare directed at her direction by him.

"You don't speak in between when elders are talking Atara. Did you forget your manners so soon young lady?" Poseidon said in a strict tone making the poor girl flinch.

"If I were you then I would have never dared to speak in that tone with Atara. And as far as you are concerned about her safety then trust me Poseidon, she is the safest with me." Lucifer said standing between Atara and Poseidon, blocking the view of the little girl behind him. He gave no room for further argument.

"Its final now. I am taking her with me today. We will be back before night." He announced and nobody dared to oppose him.

Atara smiled hearing that.

He turned around to look at his mate. His eyes, those dark orbs that haunted people's dreams, were the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. His soft gaze towards her and only her, it made her heart flutter like crazy.

"Shall we go now little angel?" He asked in his gentle tone. She nodded with a smile that made his demons aww.

Lucifer held her hands in his, in a tight yet gentle grip.

Then with a sudden flap, his black wings came out of his back making everyone gasp. Wings were not a new thing for them, but his wings were different and powerful. People would find them dangerous and dark but for a certain little angel they looked warm and comforting. And she suddenly wanted herself to be wrapped in them, surrounded by her mates warm aura.