Chapter 5

The burning flames of desire are enough to burn the world just like the cold hatred is enough to destroy it. The flames of desire and the cold hatred danced together in the heaven that was slowly turning into ashes. The look of desire in the devil's eyes and the hatred for him in the God's and goddeses mind was a sign of destruction. 

Lucifer flew out of the burning palace with his angel mate in his arms. They both were looking into each other's eyes. Lost.

Both of them felt complete. Lucifer and his demons were never so much happy than they were now. Even the most serious one of his demons was now all giddy and happy. All of them wanted to shower her with their love and pleasure. All these years of loneliness were going to end now and the result of this long wait was so beautiful and fragile for them.

Atara was confused. She had recieved love all her life. She was always surrounded by her creators. Her heart was always fulfilled and content with love. But still after seeing the devilishly handsome man who had her in his arms, she felt like she had not experienced love ever. Like the best of it was yet to come. She felt complete in the moment and the rest of her life she was just an incomplete soul. The sparks that were generated by his touch and the warmth he radiated to her was making her soul calm. She wanted nothing but to be in his arms, near his heart.

Little did she know that the man was known to be heartless.

The godesses stared at them with tears. There dear daughter was in the hands of the devil. They were unaware of the fact that their dear daughter was his mate.

"Lord, what is all this?" One of them cried.

"Why is our princess in his arms?"

"Did something happen to her?"

All of them panicked and looked at the God who was looking at the couple with a serious facade. He was fighting an inner battle. He had realized that his very precious Atara was mated to the king of hell.

Lucifer landed on a clear ground and sat on one knee. His mate still in his arms. Their eyes still locked into each others.

Lucifer let out a breath as he took in her beautiful features again.

"Mate"

His words brought a smile on her face. She realized the reason for this connection with him. They were mates. She had found her mate. And she already felt connected to him. Her beautiful smile made the corner of his lips turn slightly. After so many years, a genuine smile was threatening to form on his lips.

Just as he was going to speak they were cut off by Gods voice.

"Lucifer."

Lucifer growled at the disturbance and turned to look at the God, his hands tightening around Atara. His possessive nature was already showing up.

Atara glanced at the God and a smile crept up on her face.

She tried to get out of Lucifer's grip. This act angered him and he pulled her closer to his chest. She frowned at his behaviour.

"Please" she said looking at him with her long eyelashes.
How could he refuse the look?

His grip loosened and she slid out of his arms. Standing up she turned to look at God. Her parents, the gods and goddeses came running to her and started checking up for any injuries. Their worried face made her sad.

"Ma...I am aright." She said to her mothers who had tears streaming down their eyes.

"Oh,my god! We were so worried about you." Hera cried hugging her daughter.