Chapter 14

The news of Atara's decision had spread across hell like fire. All the residents, demons, witches and souls were thrilled with the idea of their queen's arrival. She was their hope. Afterall she was the only one who could tame their King, the only shore to the raging sea. All of them wished for Lucifer to become a better person. 

The preparations for her welcome had began with full force. Decorating their Chambers, arranging new clothes for her, cooking her favorite food everything was according to her. They had heard about her, she was the purest soul and thus it was a challenge for Lucifer's servants to prepare everything according to her. One mistake, and their King would kill them.

Greta, the head of all the servants and palace workers rushed everywhere checking the arrangements. It was her responsibility to take care of the queen, just like she had looked after Lucifer. She was always there with him, a motherly figure who would take care of his meals and at times give him advice, though he rarely used it. 

     "They are here!"

__________________________

Atara watched in awe at the beautiful cities in hell as they flew over it. It was unexpected and surprisingly very different than what she had imagined hell to be.

Stories of rivers filled with fire, waterfalls of blood and black coloured buildings were all turning out to be false. Hell was in fact very mesmerizing, atleast the areas she was seeing from above. It had lush meadows, colourful gardens, beautiful sunny weather, just like heaven.

The houses seemed preety much normal. She could see children, women and all the residents of hell looking up at them in amusement.

An involuntary smile formed on her lips at the sight. She was finally here. It was real. Though the ache in her heart for leaving her house was still there, she felt a different type of content in her heart. She was at the right place, her heart knew it.

At a distance she saw a huge castle on top of a mountain. They flew towards it and it became more and more beautiful to look at. She could tell it was his palace, and now their home.

Lucifer slowly descended down on the ground and placed his mate on her feet, still keeping an arm wrapped around her waist. He just couldn't let go of her. He always wanted to touch her even if in the slightest way.

Atara's eyes roamed on every detail of the huge castle. She was already loving it. Though all her life she had lived in God's palace with all the luxury, this place interested her. Because it had her Mate's presence in it.

"You like it?" Lucifer asked.

"Love it." She answered still looking at her new home which made him smile. The spectators gasped at the scene. Their ruthless king was smiling at a girl. And it wasn't his "Huh, I am gonna kill you now" smile. It was a genuine smile which made people question the claim of him being heartless. Because this man in front of them was definitely not heartless. He had a heart and it belonged to the little Angel. Everyone could see it in her eyes.

Greta came forward along with other important people related to Lucifer.

Atara smiled at them ignoring the building nerves in her. She had imagined this scene many times after meeting Lucifer, meeting his people was definitely a hard task. She had heard that there were demons and evil witches here.

"Welcome to your new home, your highness. My name is Greta and I look after this Castle." The old lady said with her gentle voice surprising Atara.

"Please call me Atara and it is nice to meet you."

Greta signalled a servant who came forward with a plate in his hands. It had a beautiful tiara made with black flowers.

"This is our tradition. We welcome the new bride by offering her this tiara, the flowers of which come from the holy gardens of this palace. They only bloom when the new bride is going to arrive." Greta explained with her motherly tone.

She placed the tiara on Atara's head and gently kissed her forehead, making all the other servants drop their jaws

She placed the tiara on Atara's head and gently kissed her forehead, making all the other servants drop their jaws. Everyone expected Lucifer's outburst, but it never came. Instead, a small smile threatened to form on his lips. He knew that Greta was the only person here who could give his mate the motherly love and care. He had sensed her sadness as she left her parents and Greta was her mothers age, she could take good care of her.

Atara couldn't stop the tears forming in her eyes. She had not said it but she was already terribly missing her parents.

"Aww don't cry dear. We know you miss your parents." Greta hugged the poor girl.

Atara moved away from her after she calmed down. It felt good to be comforted, especially from someone like her mother. Greta reminded her of Athena. Loving and caring.

Lucifer cleared his throat before speaking,"So let's get inside then." 

As they walked inside the magnificent Castle Atara couldn't help but observe every little detail. It was even more beautiful inside.

They were directly escorted to their Chambers as both of them were tired from the journey.

Atara gasped at the sight before them. The bedroom was a beautiful white and gold. She could see the ocean from the windows. The cold breeze blew her curls. The bed was round and covered with soft white pillows. Everything was just what she wanted.

"Do you like it?" Lucifer asked for the second time that day.

"Ofcourse I do, but...." She trailed off.

"But?" Lucifer asked his mate, his panic evident in his voice. Did he do some mistake? Was she not happy with this?

"It's white and too...my type." She shrugged.

"So? Do you not like white?" He asked.

"No No I do. But you don't. I mean I know you like dark colours. You don't have to change anything for me." The naive girl spoke looking at her fidgeting hands.

Lucifer smiled at his innocent mate. He could change the whole universe for her and here she was talking about this room.

He lifted her chin up and his eyes found hers.

"I can do anything for you. And all that matters is what you like." He said with such firmness that it bought chills down her spine.

They realised the reality of the situation. It was finally happening. They were together now, for an eternity.

In that silent moment, their eyes spoke a thousand words. They found their solace in each other's eyes. Every missing piece of their heart was found. For the first time in their life, they felt complete.

Atara was so lost in his eyes that she completely ignored when he lifted her up in his arms and twirled her around.

Her giggles echoed through the Castle and filled it with life once again. Every soul in Hell was happy that day. All the darkness was slowly fading away. Their Queen was here with her king.

However, there were people who couldn't accept the presence of an Angel in Hell.

___________________________

Sorry if it is going a  little fast.

Do you like Greta?

And who are the people who don't like our poor Atara?

Are you excited for the love birds? More romantic moments coming soon.

Please Like & Comment.

❤❤❤❤❤