Chapter 21

Every God and Goddess was present in the huge ball room to celebrate the success of their army in a war.

The room was lit with beautiful lights and decorated with extravagant Chandeliers. The atmosphere was pleasant and happy. It was after so many days that they were all doing a celebration, having a party.

"Congratulations for your win, Poseidon." An Angel wished Poseidon who thanked her and then busied himself chatting with the others.

The goddess turned to Hera who was standing beside her.

"So, is everything fine now?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Indeed it is. This was the third war that we have won against Lucifer." Hera gave her a pleasant smile.

"Lucifer....does he know about..." the angel trailed off as Hera looked down.

"No. And it's better if he doesn't." She said in a serious voice this time. She could feel herself getting angrier at the mention of Lucifer. He was the reason for her daughter's suffering. It was because of him that Atara was not with them.

All of a sudden the lights started flickering. Everyone stopped in their position and looked here and there. This was a sign, the sudden coldness in the air was a sign that he was here.

"Lucifer!" Someone yelled looking at the door.

There he stood in all his glory. But today he did not have the arrogant or angry expression on his face like everyday. His face was blank, his eyes though black had slight red rims around them.

"What are you doing here?!" Zoles yelled walking towards him. He was ready to attack the man he loathed the most.

"I am here for Atara." Lucifer said with a voice filled with pain. He knew he was showing them his vulnerable side but he didn't care. He just wanted to meet Atara.

"She is not here. And even if she was, we will not let you even glance at her." It was Athena this time. Everyone looked at her in shock. She was the one who always supported him but today, she denied him any access to her daughter.

Lucifer looked down knowing it was his own mistake for which he is getting punished now. He sighed deeply and looked up.

"I know I have hurt her. And I know I was wrong. But...I just need a chance. I will explain everything but please let me meet her once. She is my Mate-"

"No! She is not your mate. If you cared so much, then why did you let this happen to her? You have no right to come back here Lucifer." Athena said cutting him off. She was angry not at him but at herself that she let this happen.

"You better leave now Lucifer. Atara is not going to meet you. You don't deserve her." Poseidon said with an angry look. He was angry just like all the others.

"Where is my mate?" Lucifer yelled holding Poseidon's collar. He was fuming. He was getting restless because the mate bond was pushing him to go meet her. He wanted to explain everything to her and most importantly he wanted to apologise for his behavior. He had hurt her beyond anything and it was now his turn to get hurt.

"We will not tell you. Wherever she is, she is in a safer place. She is safe from you."

"I. Will. Find. Her." Lucifer promised in a threatening tone.

He came out of the room and started walking towards the gate when a figure caught his attention.

She approached him with a paper in her hand which she passed him. Without a word further she walked away. Confused by her actions he looked down at the paper.