Chapter 16

The court was filled with all the nobles and great warriors. Though it was just another day at court, there was something different. Not only in the court but in all of the Hell. Everything felt alive, for the first time. There was a fresh aroma in the air, the skies were brighter, the flowers gave off a stronger more aromatic fragrance. The birds chirped more and all the souls were feeling lively with a different joy filled in their hearts. All of this was because of the arrival of their queen. The most innocent soul in the universe was here in hell and was going to be there forever.

Lucifer couldn't concentrate on the court proceedings today. Though he was actively partcipating in all the discussions his mind was somewhere else also his heart. He had not wanted to leave Atara alone when they had finally woken up from their sleep. But she couldn't accept the fact that he was missing work because of her. And apparently Lucifer couldn't ignore her puppy eyes and adorable pout. So after another make out session with his mate he had finally came here to the court. But he had also made arrangements for her so she doesn't feel bored and lonely.

He had rested Greta with a responsibility to give his mate a tour of the palace. He had assumed that work will keep his mind off his mate but in vain. He was thinking more about her now that she was not present. He thought about her kissable lips and perfect curves that he had started to love.

Love. A feeling he thought he wasn't ever going to experience. But slowly he was starting to fall, or maybe had fallen already. He had fell for a certain innocent soul. His Atara. He stopped the treacherous smile that threatened to spread across his face. His people will loose their minds if they saw him smiling.

Atara had almost finished touring the castle. It was so big and hence tiring to tour in one day. Though she had seen everything she knew it was going to take her days to actually remember all the ways.

Now they stood in a garden beside the royal court. She hadn't gone in as she did not want to disturb them.

Her eyes went to the window from where she could see her mate. He looked handsome as always. His hairs that were so soft to touch, and his eyes that showed the entire universe to her. She was falling for him, hard.

Suddenly his eyes met hers from the small window. He couldn't see her clearly because of the curtains that swayed in between them. But he knew it was her.

He turned to face the court and said,"I think it is enough for today. We will go ahead with the rest tomorrow."

He hurriedly got up from his throne and was ready to leave when a voice stopped him.

"The queen is supposed to be the strength and not a distraction."

The court fell silent as Lucifer turned to look at the owner of the voice.

Mr.Dustan

He was a respectable noble. He was considered as an elder and intelligent man and often gave Lucifer the right advise. He had become quite after the death of his daughter who was murdered by someone from heaven.

Lucifer frowned at the old man, not liking his choice of words. But he knew Dustan was important and could be a little difficult sometimes.

"Did you say something Mr.Dustan?" Asked Lucifer with a cunning voice like daring him to speak against his queen.

"Absolutely not my lord." Said the man looking down at his feet. He knew better not to show his distaste in front of Lucifer.

"Good." Lucifer said before vanishing in thin air.

Daston couldn't help but look at the mortal angel who stood there in the gardens of hell. She reminded him of his daughter. She was also her age when she went away to her mate's house, trusting him completely. But what she got in return was betrayal and hurt. And Dustan was now going make sure that this little girl also suffered from the same fate.

She would be killed by her own mate.

_______________________

The same day Athena had called for a famous astrologer. She predicted the future and was very well known. Her predictions were always right.

The goddeses all gathered in a hall were the astrologer was. She had a bowl full of blue liquid and a red stone in her hand.

"Dear Astrologer Rehna, we would like to know about the future of our daughter Atara. She has recently went to live with her mate." Athena said with excitement.

"Okay. I will try to see what future holds for your daughter."

The astrologer closed her eyes holding the stone and chanted something in her mind. After a minute she opened her eyes and threw the stone in the water.

The liquid turned red and she stared at it with a scrutinizing gaze.

She let out a sigh before looking up at the godesses. They were eager to know their daughter's future.

"What happened?" Asked Fortuna.

"Her future holds hurt, pain and tears." The astrologer said in a serious tone.

The goddeses all stood up from their seat in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She will have to suffer, face a lot of hardships. She will get hurt by the one she loves the most. Her mate."

All the mother's stared at her with their jaws dropped. A sudden wave of worry washed over them.

"Her mate? What are you talking? It is impossible." Athena said in disbelief.

"Rehna never tells the wrong prediction. All my predictions come true. I have seen it. Her own mate is going to leave a huge scar on her. He will break her, heart and soul. She will suffocate, suffer and... die."

"Get. Out. Get out this instant. You are a liar, none of your words are true." Athena screamed at her. She did not like the words the Astrologer spoke. She regretted ever calling her here.

"It's okay if you don't believe me. But one day my words will come true, they always have." With that, Rehna left.

Athena sat down clutching her heart. The thought of her daughter getting hurt broke her. Afterall it was her that convinced Atara to go.

"Did you all hear what she said? Our Atara is going to get hurt. Lucifer is going to hurt her. I was right. He is not the right choice for her. But some people here think of me as the bad person. Look where they have landed our daughter now." Hera said eyeing at Athena who had a tear stream down her face.

______________________

Atara closed her eyes with a sigh of content as Lucifer embraced her.

I hope everything in us stays like this forever. I love him. I love Lucifer.

______________________

Excited for what's coming up next?

What do you think will happen?

Don't forget to vote and comment.