Chapter 2

The godesses along with Atara were walking through the green meadows of heaven. The day was bright and sunny. Birds flew above them singing in merry. They were going to the old temple. It was an ancient temple situated on a hill. Atara had always loved that place because of the peace it provided and its beauty. The temple was on the border of hell and heaven near the golden gates.

After a long walk they reached the temple. Atara decided to stroll around as she wanted to see the beautiful nature. Adele decided to accompany her.

"Mother Adele, May I ask you something?" Atara asked in her sweet voice. Adele smiled at her daughter and nodded.

"Does everyone have a mate?" She asked siting near a lake that was behind the temple.

Adele was surprised at her question. The thought of Atara having a mate had slipped out of their minds while they pampered her with so much care and love. But she was going to be sixteen now and that was the time when females found their mates or were ready to be mated. It was all manged by the moon goddess, another one of Atara's mothers.

Adele smiled at little angel in front of her.

"Ofcourse my sweet. Everyone has a mate whom they love and cherish." She said not explaining much.

"Um..so even I will have one?" Atara questioned. Her cheeks had started to turn pink as the topic was progressing further.

"Yes. You will too have a mate of your own who will love you and will always keep you happy." Adele explained with tears forming in her green eyes at the thought of her daughter going away from them one day.

The duo hugged each other tightly and let their emotions take over.

Back in hell, the devil sat in front of Seline who was badly bruised and her hands were tied with shackles above her head.

"What happened birdie? You can't fly? Where are your wings? Did someone cage you?" He mocked the poor woman.

"Y-You know I am n-not at fault. I only s-spoke the truth." She said in a rough voice due to her dried throat. All these years she had never once apologized to Lucifer and had always stated the same thing that Lucifer would never have a mate.

Lucifer scoffed but a smirk soon formed on his face. He looked at a demon and nodded his head as a signal. Seline frowned as the demon went to open the gate of the cell in which she was kept and came back with two angels with him, one man and one woman. They were mates. Anybody could tell it by their interwined hands even when they were beaten to death.

Another one of his prisoners to play with. Seline thought.

"Aww look at these deeply in love mates. They are still together even at their death bed." Lucifer said in a mocking tone. He stood up and walked to the couple who were held by his demon guards.

"Don't do this. They have done nothing wrong." Seline pleaded. It hurted her to see him killing someone because of her fault. Yes. Her fault. But she was too scared of the consequences of her telling the truth.

"Nothing wrong, huh? Everyone who has a mate is wrong in my eyes. Because if everyone has one then why not me?!" He yelled making the floor shake. His eyes started turning red as his demon wanted to come out. It was strong and powerful. Dark and cruel. But lonely. It wanted a mate to tame him and only that was denied to him. He was denied of a mate. Something every being needs was deprived to him.

"I Lied!"
He raised his sword to cut the Womans head when Seline shouted out of frustration and sadness. Lucifer's hand stopped mid air as the words fell on his ears. His neck snapped at the direction of the owner of the voice.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

Seline let out a defeated cry as she realised what she had done. To save the life of this woman and herself, she had destroyed some other girl's life who was probably unaware of the devil that was going to come for her.

"I lied....you also have a mate somewhere in this universe. I realised it 16 years ago when she must have been borned. I was scared for her poor soul so I never told you. But after seeing you conducting another massacre I couldn't stop myself. Yes Lucifer you have a mate." She thought that her words and the realisation of having blessed with mate will change him but all her expectations were in vain as a smirk formed on his face and he looked at the woman whom he was going to kill. Within a blink she and the man with her transformed into a demon.

Seline's world came crashing down. She had been trapped. Lucifer had played her. All these years, all these angels that he had killed in front of her were nothing but black magic. An illusion to fool her. And she was successfully trapped in it. She had told him the one thing she should have kept hidden all her life. God knows what he will do now to find his other half.

A loud sinister laugh echoed through the cell as Lucifer walked towards Seline. She started shaking in fear.

"Thank you so much birdie." He said before he raised his sword and chopped off her head.

"Get my best warriors. We are going to find your queen."