Chapter 19

"Guards take him to the dungeons and give him our special treatment. Everyone else leave." Lucifer said staring directly at his mate, deep in her eyes that were now flowing with hot tears. Ignoring the ache in his heart he maintained his serious face. He was bubbling with anger that could lash out anytime now.

As he ordered, everyone left the room except Atara. She stood still looking at her mate. She couldn't believe her ears when he declared his punishments.
He who never hurt her, he who always protected her and never let a tear slide her eyes was talking about whipping her a hundred times for a misunderstanding.

They spent minutes which felt like hours staring into each others eyes. Both pairs portarying the same emotions, hurt and anger.

"Did you ever love me?" He asked her.

"I should be the one asking this. Did you ever love... trust me? How can you think about me like that?" She asked in disbelief.

"How can you pull this act so innocently? When in reality you are nothing but a liar. You think I will believe you after seeing this. My mate, enjoying a moment of love with one of my biggest enemies. What am I supposed to do?"

"Stop thinking of it like that for once. Please Lucifer, punish me all you want but spare him. Let Adheres go. He is innocent. We are being trapped."

Her words of pleading for another man made his anger double. He pulled her closer holding her shoulder. His nails dig into her skin in a painful grip making her whince.

"You Undeserving piece of..." he stopped himself from cursing at her. Afterall she was his mate. Fate had tied them together no matter how they were.

Atara sobbed listening to her mate. She had never imagined him to behave with her in such manner.

"You think you can go whoring around with someone else and I wouldn't find out? You are dealing with the devil Atara and this is my kingdom. You feel so free to think about another man because...because you don't have my mark." He glanced at her neck.

"Thank god I don't have your mark. I don't want to be marked by someone who doesn't trust me. Someone who doesn't respect me." She said in anger that had taken over her mind. She had lost all her patience listening to him stoop so low while talking about her.

His eyes burned with anger hearing her.

Deimos came out in full force and threw her on the bed.

Her eyes turned wide looking at his beastly form. She knew that the darkest side of her mate was out and unfortunately his target was she.

"N-No!" She screamed as he held her wrists above her head. He suppreseed her struggle with his huge body that was forced on her fragile one.

His canines extended and soon they were inside her smooth tender flesh. A scream of agony left her mouth as the jolt of pain surpassed her body bringing with it numerous shocks of pain and burning. Her skin was on fire. Marking was painful but would become killing if it was forced. The same was happening with her. The pain was killing and her mate won't stop. His canines dug deep in her neck and a stream of blood started flowing.

Atara closed her eyes feeling herself loose her conscious. She found it hard to breath and knew that whatever was to come now will bring only pain and misery to her life.

She wished to never wake up again.

Lucifer separated himself from her once the marking was completed. He saw her neck covered in blood and he could point out two holes, his mark. He had always wanted to mark her, but not like this. It was supposed to be a moment of love between them and not something he did out of rage. He glanced at her unconscious face which was still scrunched in pain. Guilt washed over him but it was soon replaced by anger.

He walked out of his chamber towards the dungeons. He was yet to punish Adheres.
______________________

Atara's eyes opened and she got up struggling for air. Her throat felt heavy and it was hard to breath. She clutched her neck but hissed at the immense amount of pain she felt. Her fingers were covered in blood and her mind then recalled everything that had happened. How her mate had forcefully marked her. She started crying remembering his whole avatar. She had been the victim of the devil everyone feared. Satan. He was truly Satan. She remembered her parents warning her to not trust him. But she so blind with this mate bond, she couldn't see his real face. He was Lucifer for a reason and she had naively thought that he had changed. He could never change and she had herself witnessed his barbaric act.

Her thoughts went to Adheres. He had came all the way here to save her. And now he was suffering. Someone had used her sign to write a fake letter. And only a powerful person could do that.

Greta walked in with her head lowered. She knew what had happened, everyone in hell knew. But unlike all of them she trusted Atara. She knew her king's anger and she also knew about Atara's character. Her heart ached for the girl as she heard people talking the meanest things about her.

"Your highness" she whispered looking at her queen slumped on the bed with blood on her body.

She rushed to her side and helped her sit properly.

"Are you okay? Wait I will call the healer." Greta said in a hurried tone but was stopped as Atara held her hand.

"I don't need any treatment. I just want to lay here. I want to rest." Atara said closing her eyes.

Before Greta could protest any further Guards entered inside the chambers and surrounded the bed. Both Atara and Greta stared at them with wide eyes.

"The King has ordered us to bring the queen. It is time for her punishment."

  ______________________

DOUBLE UPDATE! I KNOW THIS TWIST IS A BIT DISTURBING AND EVERYONE IS DISSAPPOINTED IN LUCIFER EVEN ME. LET'S WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.