15. Mine

Date Posted: 9th February

•••♡•••

He was whistling a random tune, approaching the tall double doors of their guild as his pink hair sticking to all directions swayed. He brought his left hand up to bite onto a piece of large meat in his hand. Ah, so yummy!

He pushed the doors open. As he was to step inside, he heard the familiar voice from the hidden corner of the building.

"Lucy, I have to tell you something..."

His breathing hitched.

"Loke?"

His eyebrows furrowed.

"I just want to let you know that I love you..."

Now, he couldn't afford to remain frozen there when the girl that he had planned on protecting for the rest of his life for, was in the verge of being taken away by another male being. He stomped towards their direction and left the doors wide open, veins throbbing in sudden possessiveness he had refused to think about for now.

"...as my mas--"

"Oi, big cat!" He yelled, getting their attention. The lion spirit smirked as the blonde Celestial Mage stared at him in shock. "How dare ya do this to me?!"

"Natsu?!"

"Do what?" Loke pushed up the frame of his eyeglasses, making it glimmer against the sunlight.

"Hold this, Luce," Natsu handed her the meat, which she accepted with cringing face as she held the bone between her fingers, before he started cracking his knuckles and turned back to Loke.

"Back off, cat! Lucy is mine!" He declared, not caring at the sudden change of Lucy's face color, and the lion's triumphant smirk. "And you can't do anything about it, ya hear me?!"

"Sure," was all Loke's reply. He then took a glance at his hardcore blushing master. "As I was saying, I love you as my master, and I'll do everything for you even boosting your love life. Eheh. See ya!"

"E-Eh?" Natsu blinked, staring at the dust of gold that had appeared in the air as Loke vanished. Then lightning of realization struck him. W-What did I do?

He took a sharp, violent breath. The swirl of excitement was suddenly playing in his hammering heart, although bubble of anxiety was rampaging in his churning stomach.

He had goddamn confessed. Nothing to be nervous about...right?

Well, he had just messed up.

Slowly, he faced Lucy, abruptly grabbing the half-eaten meat from her and shoved it in his mouth.

Lucy sweatdropped, didn't know if to laugh at his contorted and sweating face, to be mad for acting all possessive and rude like that, or to be disappointed at his dummy attitude right after his confession.

But then, she was taken aback when he lifted his fist... W-Would he punch me?!! ...and stretched it towards her direction with force. She squeaked, crouching down a little as she protected her face.

Silence.

Silence.

Nothing happened.

She slowly peeked through her fingers. Her jaw dropped as she stared at his now bowing figure, right hand stretched out for her to take, eyes were tightly closed with his whole face in a full-blast redness.

She thought he would not say anything, until his overly loud voice echoed that could be surely heard inside the guildhall.

"WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME FOR A DATE, LUCE?! I LOVE YOU!"

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

"PFFT!" Gajeel spat the crushed nails from his mouth as his face turned pale.

Gray almost choked to death from Juvi-buns he was eating.

Erza dropped her beloved cake herself.

And the rest of the guild members in trance after hearing the unexpected confession that had never happened even in their wildest of the wildest dreams.

Happy, on the other hand, was snickering at the corner. "They loooove each other~"

•••♡•••

AHH! Why do I feel so lazy? T-T