10. Expectation Vs Reality

Date Posted: 13th October

•••♡•••

"So Lu-chan, how was Natsu as a boyfriend?"

Lucy dropped the book she's holding as she felt the ladder move because of her shock, but luckily, Erza held it in place to prevent her from falling.

"W-What kind of question is that?" she asked as she continued arranging the books. They're in Fairy Hills, specifically in Levy's room to help her arrange her tall shelves of books.

"You two are together for a year now. For sure you've already evaluated Natsu as a boyfriend," Evergreen smirked, reading a magazine on the couch instead of helping them.

Lucy's blush was getting darker because of the topic. She pouted as she climbed down the ladder and sat on Levy's bed.

"Let me rephrase the question," Juvia stated as she put down the books in the table and sat on the carpeted floor. Levy also went down the ladder and did the same. "Did Natsu-san reach your expectation for an ideal boyfriend?"

Lucy started playing with her fingers as she pouted more like a duck.

"N-No..."

"Eh?!" Levy exclaimed, then she pondered about something a bit. "Hm. I guess it's understandable considering Natsu's behavior."

"He's childish and oblivious to a lot of things," Erza said, taking a seat beside Lucy while eating a strawberry cake. Where did she get it? I don't know.

"He's far way different to my ideal boyfriend," Lucy said as she remembered some of her moments with Natsu. "Honestly, I was expecting to have a perfect boyfriend when the day comes. Like, someone who knows the word privacy and decency..."

"Lucee! Look at me!" Natsu exclaimed while dancing on her bed, wearing her skirt and crop top, his pink hair was fixed in two ponytails.

Happy was also there waving her bra in the air.

"Why are you wearing my clothes?!!!"

She giggled a bit as she snapped back to reality and continued. "And a loving man who can tell me some sweet stuffs..."

"Like, 'You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!'?" Juvia asked.

"Or maybe, 'You are my sunshine!'," Levy seconded. The girls laughed at her tone of voice. Lucy only shook her head. Clearly, Natsu's not that kind of boyfriend.

"What are you thinking, Luce?" Natsu asked as he poke her cheek.

"About the plot of my next novel," she replied while giggling.

"Hm. The reason why you're making that weird scary face, huh."

"How rude!"

Lucy giggled again before continuing her list. "Third, someone who would bring me in a romantic date."

"What? Natsu hasn't brought you to a date?!" Erza exclaimed. "I need to teach him a lesson!"

"No, Erza!" she chuckled, scratching her forehead. "We had so many dates... Well, if you can call it one..."

"What do you mean?"

"Luce!" Natsu cheerfully called before opening her window and letting himself in without her permission. "Eh? You're still sleeping, Luce?"

"What do you want this early?" she asked groggily, face buried on her soft pillow. She felt the left part of her bed sank, sign that Natsu took a seat beside her.