07. Wedding Dress

Date Posted: 23rd September

•••♡•••

"Hmm..." Erza Scarlet squinted her eyes, holding her chin as she examined the wedding dress displayed behind the glass in front of her.

"Uh, Erza, what are we doing here?" Lucy Heartfilia hesitantly asked, looking around the store full of wedding gowns, suits, and elegant dresses.

"You know that it's my dream to get married, right?" Erza asked, a blush on her cheeks with her eyes dreamily sparkling.

Lucy nodded as she scratched her temple with her index finger. Her face slowly heated when the topic slowly sinking into her head.

W-Wedding...

"Alright! I'll buy this one!"

"H-Heh?! But you already have a wedding dress!"

"Yup! But this one is not for me." The red-head wiggled her eyebrows at the blonde. She sweatdropped. Why do I feel like something will happen?

Before she could even talk, the sales lady approached them and removed the gown from the mannequin. Erza smirked as she handed it to Lucy.

"Try it, Lucy!"

"Heeeh?!!! Why me?!"

"Because it's for you!"

"B-But...but...BUT I DON'T HAVE A GROOM!" She blushed madly and slapped her forehead. Erza only laughed. "I mean, I don't have a boyfriend, Erza."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, Lucy. But I think it's best if you already have a wedding dress just in case..."

"What do you mean by that?" Lucy murmured and stared at the dress. P-Pretty... She looked around the store to confirm if there's no Fairy Tail members around.

"F-Fine..."

OUTSIDE THE STORE, there were two certain mages hiding behind the bush, with a blue cat floating above them.

"What's taking them so long?" The pink--or rather salmon-haired muttered.

"The right question is, what are they doing in this kind of store?" the half-naked raven-haired furrowed his eyebrows, trying to see what's happening inside.

"Don't tell me, Lucy's getting married?!" the exceed exclaimed. "Natsu! What should we do?!"

"Whaat?! No way!" Natsu Dragneel, the salmon-haired, clenched his fist. But he blushed when he noticed the smirk across his frienemy's face, Gray Fullbuster. "I...I mean, ugh! Why am I even explaining?!"

"Heh."

"Could you remove that annoying face of yours, stripper?!"

"What?!! Remove your toothpick-eyes instead!"

"Wait, wait!" Happy gave the two a smack on their head, earning a groan from the two males. "Sorry, Erza's not here so I did that for her. Anyway, let's just go inside the store secretly!"

"Oh!" Natsu excitedly raised his forefinger. "Do you mean it's ninja time?"

Gray just face-palmed, watching the Fire Mage wrapped his scarf around his head and muttered, "Nin nin!"

The three walked inside with their tippy toes, eyes searching for their two teammates. The staffs were looking at them suspiciously, but after seeing their Fairy Tail marks, they just shook their head.

"There she is!" Happy whisper-shouted as he pointed Lucy standing in front of a mirror wall near the fitting room, wearing a beautiful wedding dress. Erza was busy talking to the sales lady.

"W-What..." Natsu unconciously pulled down his scarf back to his neck. His eyebrows almost met, his eyes squinting. Then suddenly, he walked towards the two female mage in a fast pace, leaving his companions behind.

Gray bit his lip as he scratched the back of his neck. Damn it, Natsu...

LUCY WAS SMILING while looking at herself in the mirror. Waa... I guess, buying this dress isn't so bad.

"So you're getting married?"

But then, her smile faded as chills ran down her spine when she heard that very familiar voice. Her eyes were so fixated on the dress she's wearing that she didn't notice him entering the shop.

She gulped, turning around and looked up to him.

"N-N-Natsu..."

"You didn't answer me, Luce."

He was pouting while glaring at her wedding gown, obviously upset about the idea of her marrying somebody else. He then looked directly in her brown pair of eyes, and a new found feelings lingering in his onyx ones.

Lucy was about to answer when Erza interrupted them, making the blonde sigh in relief.

"Natsu? What are you doing here?"

But the dragon didn't even glance at her, he's too busy watching his princess looking away from him, who hid the truth that she's going to marry a prince.

Erza and Gray's eyes met. Titania smirked, the Ice Mage frowned and shook his head.

"Who's this man, Lucy?" He asked again. She pouted, playing with her fingers, a blush of embarrassment creeping up to her cheeks.

"U-Uh, No... I...I'm not getting married..." she gulped. "I-I don't even have a boyfriend, Natsu."

Waa!! I'm sure Aquarius was laughing at me right now...

Natsu sighed in relief, and held on Lucy's shoulder.

"Them make me your boyfriend and soon your groom."

Meanwhile...

Erza smirked as she opened her hand in front of Gray. "I told you, he'll lose it today."

"Tch! You planned all of this!" He handed her 10,000 jewels. Happy giggled and whispered to Erza about his part.

The three watched the new couple talked about their leveled up relationship.

Of course, Lucy's face looked like a tomato after hearing the magical three words and eight letters from him that she's been wishing to hear long ago.

I love you...