11. Reason to Live

Date Posted: 3rd November

It's a bit angst T^T
Ahehe ;)

•••♡•••

Her once sparkling beautiful brown pair of orbs went blank as it dilated at the scene in front of her. Hot liquid trickled down her cheeks, her heart clenching painfully with its heavy beats.

She wanted to shout, but the pain and horror piled up in her throat was restraining her from voicing out any word as her mind was in chaos.

"Lu...ugh...L-Luce..."

Hearing his strained voice, and heavy breathing trying so hard to keep him alive...even for a minute... was enough to bring her back to her senses.

Lucy had finally moved her legs and ran to where his limp body was, her tears were falling like a waterfall. Sobs escaped her trembling lips as she kneeled down beside him and carefully lifted his head.

"N-Natsu! Please... Please d-don't..." She let out another cries of misery as she stared at his glistening onyx eyes... dying green eyes. "...PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME!"

Even trembling, her hand covered the hole just centimeter below his left chest where his weakening heart was located, trying to stop the blood from coming out.

Her best friend wholeheartedly received the beast's attack that should have had landed on her. Despite his severe wound, he used his remaining power to kill the beast, making his magic - considered as a wizard's lifeline - drained out of his body.

It's all my fault! If... If I'm not... Lucy closed her eyes, her tears pouring on Natsu's cheeks.

Suddenly, she felt him brought her hand just a little above despite his vanishing strength. His heart's slow beat can be felt in her trembling hand that brought her in more panic, sucking in her remaining hope for his survival.

"N-Natsu!! Happy w-went to...W-Wendy's on her way! Please... Please stay!"

His once comforting hand tightened its grip on hers, making her feel his vanishing warmth. His eyebrows furrowed as a tear trailed down his temple. "D-Don't...c-cry..."

"Then don't leave me! Don't leave!!" Her eyes filled with terror when his body started glowing as his feet slowly turning into golden dust. "No!! Natsu, no!! You promised! You promised we'd be together forever!"

Natsu gave her a sad, apologetic smile as his face slowly faded. Using his remaining strength, he parted his lips and said the words that he's been wishing to tell her, even with his last breath.

"I l-love you..., L-Lucy. Forever."

And he had completely become one with the wind.

LUCY JOLTED AWAKE from a her horrifying sleep, panting heavily, fresh tears covered her cheeks. She found herself in her apartment illuminated by moonlight passing through the glass of her slightly opened window, letting the cold wind enter as it tingled her trembling body, and intensified the loneliness she's feeling.

Her eyes then frantically roamed around and instantly stopped in a specific place. Her couch.

She felt her heart clenching. Tears started falling out of her eyes again as she bit her lip to prevent herself from making any noise.

The emotional blonde silently got out of her bed and walked her way to the couch. She kneeled down and brought half of her body above him as her arms wrapped around him longingly, burying her ear to his chest desperate to hear his heartbeat.

And indeed, it was still beating in a steady pace, giving off a tranquil melody.

He stirred from his sleep and slowly opened his eyes when he felt her above him, especially the liquid wetting his clothes. His hands gently landed on her head, eyes were staring down at her in confusion and worry.

"Luce, what's wrong?"

She only cried and hugged him tighter. He couldn't take the pain of seeing her crying, so he slowly rose up and hugged her back as he caressed her silky golden locks soothingly.

"D-Don't leave me, Natsu... Please don't leave me!"

"What--" He sighed heavily before kissing her head. "I won't. I'll never do that." And that seemed to work in calming her down.

They stayed like that for minutes - Lucy still kneeling on the floor and hugging him tightly, and him soothing her with gentle strokes in her hair and soft kisses on her head - before he decided to take her back on her bed.

Natsu slowly pulled away from her. Lucy stared at him with her bloodshot eyes. Reddened cheeks and nose due to so much crying were visible because of the moonlight cascaded on her beautiful face.

He gave her a smile before wiping her tears with his thumb. After getting down of the couch, he carefully lifted her and put her down on the mattress before pulling the covers over her body. Placing a hand beside her head for support, his other hand brushed her bangs off her forehead and pressed his lips against it.

"Good night, Luce..." He smiled before pulling himself away with the intention of going back to his spot when she grabbed his wrist.

Lucy looked at him with slight pain and fear lingering in her eyes. "S-Stay with me..."

Natsu stared at her for a while, thinking about her strange actions. What's happening to her? He then nodded and helped himself lay beside her. She's making me worry so much.

He wrapped his arms around her, his hand stayed on her lower back as he pulled her closer. He stared back at her brown eyes that were focused on memorizing his features.

She slowly placed her hand on his face, making him close his eyes as he nuzzled on it.

"You're warm, Natsu. I'm glad..."

"Of course, I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer. I'm the son of the mighty Fire Dragon King. I'm stronger than that droopy-eyed ice perverted stripper. I'm gonna beat that scarlet-haired monster someday. I'm..."

He stopped from his blabbering when he heard Lucy's small giggles. A smile formed on his lips as his heart pounded painfully against his chest. But that was the only pain he would never want to go away. It makes him lively and content, especially that he's feeling it because of her.

"...always here for you, Lucy."

She snuggled closer to him while encircling her arms around his torso, and whispered the three sweetest words that gave him more reason to live.

•••♡•••

I just realized I can't take writing a NaLu story with tragic ending. My heart hurtzzz ( T 3 T) ...

But I'll try again someday *wink wink* >:D