09. Rock Paper Scissors

Date Posted: 11th October

•••♡•••

"Ugh!! You're cheating!" Lucy yelled while accusingly pointing her forefinger at Natsu who only raised his eyebrows while staring at her in amusement.

"I'm not. Did you see me changing my hand from paper to rock?"

She puffed her cheeks, obviously irritated from the fact that Natsu scored again and he had to draw on her face using a marker for the nth time! They're sitting on the floor, crossed legs with pillows on their lap, and snacks in between them.

Plue and Happy were also there busy with each other.

They've been playing rock paper scissors in her apartment for a while. They couldn't get a job because they had just finished a hard one yesterday so it's time to rest. And Natsu is bored and she's always the one who needs to take aid of his boredom.

What am I, seriously? A babysitter? She then smirked. He's not a baby, though...

"Look, Natsu. She's making that creepy face again..." She heard Happy whispering.

"She's planning something scary..." the Fire Mage whispered back.

Lucy glared at them before smacking them on their head. "Shut up! Let's get back to business!" She pulled up the sleeves of her t-shirt up to her shoulders. "I'll make sure I'll get to draw on your face again, Natsu!"

"Bring it on!"

"Rock paper scissors, shoot!" They both chanted as they swung their hands thrice. Lucy shouted in delight as she watched hers, her fingers spread wide, and Natsu's in a fist. "Yes!! I've won!"

She quickly reached for the marker and beckoned Natsu to lean forward, making the distance of their faces much closer. None of them mind, though.

Lucy squinted her eyes, scanning his face to search for a better place to draw. He already had a doodle mustache, a beard, a messy wrinkles on his forehead, and a round black mark on the tip of his nose.

"Pfft!" Lucy tried so hard to stop herself from laughing, which the pink-haired noticed. He pouted.

"Tsh! Look at your face in the mirror first before laughing at me."

"Hmp! Killjoy..." she removed the cap of the marker and leaned closer.

Her hand brushed his bangs up for more access, while her other hand holding a marker started scribbling on his skin. Natsu closed his eyes as he shivered slightly at her soft touch, cursing himself silently for the strange feeling.

What the heck...

Lucy bit her lip while watching her masterpiece; three pieces of doodle poop above his drawn wrinkles, trying so hard to not laugh. Little did she know, Natsu was watching her despite their dangerous proximity.

Their eyes met, and Lucy felt her neck and face burning and turning into red. She quickly backed away, blinking rapidly as she felt her heart sank because of so much embarrassment.

Natsu watched her closing her eyes and letting out sigh as if calming herself, her face cringing a bit. He puffed his cheeks, preventing himself from laughing because of her weirdness.

"Erm. Are you okay, Luce? You looked... pink."

"She loves you, Natsuuu~!" Happy exclaimed while waving his fish in the air.

"Pun pun!" Plue agreed.

"Shut it!" Lucy scoffed, her face heated more.

"And now you're red," Natsu commented again, never leaving her face. He then grinned. "You looked like a blushing clown."

"Rude!" She chopped his head with the side of her hand.

"Ow!"

Her blush was slowly subsiding. Impossible. Natsu doesn't have interest in that kind of thing. "Geez! Let's continue! I haven't got my revenge yet!"

Their little game continued. Lucy had won in three consecutive times, giving Natsu a doodle on both of his cheeks, and a large circle on his left eye like a panda.

NATSU CLICKED HIS tongue in annoyance, but immediately felt his face heating up as he stared at his best friend's happy face. Her laughs were suddenly like music to his ears, and her smiles were giving his heart a reason to speed up.

He pouted his lips, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as to why he's feeling like that just by staring at her. I... I didn't know Lucy is that... pretty.

Well, he always heard his male guildmates talking about her, blurting out their admiration to her beauty, which made him get irritated sometimes. Why don't they just look at other girls than his friend? Lucy doesn't have time for them, anyway. Half of her attention was on her novel, jobs, and books. While the other half was always on him...alone. And should stay that way forever.

He, again, pouted, hiding his smile because of that thought.

"Natsu's creeping me out, Lucy..." Happy whispered.

"I bet he's thinking about foods again," Lucy countered.

He grinned. So you're a food now?

Lucy looked at the wall clock. "It's almost evening. I should get ready to cook for our dinner."

Natsu blinked. "Eh? Let's play one more! I should get my revenge!"

The blonde sighed heavily. "Fine. Last one, okay?"

"Deal!"

"Rock paper scissors, shoot!"

"Yes!" Natsu exclaimed, his hand in a fist while Lucy's index and middle finger spread wide.

He smirked as he removed the cap of the marker and leaned closer to the frowning blonde.

"Close your eyes, Luce," he demanded, which she easily obeyed. He scanned her face, realizing that despite the doodles, her skin still looked so soft and fluffy.

He ran his eyes in every corner of her face, stopping in her eyelashes. They're thick and long...so girly. Then his eyes moved down to her small pointy nose. So cute. Until his vision reached her lips. It's so pink and soft...and looks sweet. His own lips parted, couldn't stop himself from staring at those prettiest part of her face.

"Natsu? What's taking you so long?" Lucy asked, eyes were still closed, but eyebrows were furrowed.

Salamander gulped. He lifted his hand with a marker and scribbled something on her left cheek.

Na♡Lu

And then closing the gap between their faces, his heart jumping in delight when he finally got the chance to feel her lips against his. So soft! He felt Lucy stiffened on her seat but he didn't care. He stuck his tongue out, too eager to taste its sweetness.

LUCY WAS BLUSHING madly while holding her breath, especially when she felt a warm wet muscle grazing her lower lip. Her eyes widened more, giving her a clear vision of his blushing yet content face.

After a minute that felt like eternity, Natsu pulled away and sat there like nothing happened, crossing his arms over his chest and tilted his head with a wide grin on his lips.

"W-W-Why d-did y-y-you...!" Lucy covered her mouth with her hand because of her stammering.

"I think we should play rock paper scissors more often," Natsu suggested, green eyes were sparkling.

Even if still in shock, Lucy's lips formed a small smile before nodding slightly, a blush still visible on her cheeks.

Playing rock paper scissors...wasn't that bad.

Little did they know, Happy was smirking evilly while staring down at his fish-like camera, planning to show the stolen kissing moments in the guild tomorrow morning.

"Fufufu! They loooove each other~!"