06. Mira's Ship

Date Posted: 19th August

•••♡•••

Mirajane put down a smoothie in front of the glum Dragon Slayer, sulking while looking so stressed. Natsu only stared at the drink in front of him.

"What's the problem, Natsu?"

He sighed heavily. "Lucy was acting weirder lately, Mira." He scratched his forehead and messed his hair with irritation. "She's turning red whenever she lay her eyes on me, and she would walk away. She's mad at me."

Mira almost rolled her eyes. How dense can you be?! She flashed a fake smile.

"She's not mad, Natsu. She's just so flustered because she finds you cute."

Natsu gasped as red shade painted his cheeks. "R-Really? I mean, wait what?! C-Cute?" Then he frowned. "What am I? A puppy?"

"Of course not," she laughed. She leaned forward and whispered something. "Actually, she has a crush on you."

The redness of his face spread through his neck to his ears. He blinked many times, heart was suddenly beating fast.

"C-Crush? What...what's that?"

Mira smirked evilly. "Why don't you ask her instead? She can give you a better answer than me." Then her face turned serious. "But don't tell her about our conversation, okay?"

"O-Okay." Natsu gulped before turning his head to Lucy's direction. She's sitting with Levy and seemed talking about the book she's holding.

"Go, Natsu. Ask her."

"L-Luce!"

The manipulated Salamander ran towards her, excitement and nervousness were evident in his still flushed face. He then blurted out the question that made the whole guild silent.

"Luce! Do you have a crush on me?"

The blonde's face felt like exploded in so much hotness. Her jaw dropped, eyes were blinking in shock and embarrassment. Natsu stared back at her, his lips forming a small circle as he realized his huge mistake.

"U-Uh, Luce...is it time for punishment?"

Happy bursted out in laughter, followed by their guildmates. Lucy suddenly stood up with hot blood and grabbed Natsu's wrist, dragging him out of the guild.

"Good luck, Natsu!" the blue exceed shouted.

A victorious smile was plastered in Mira's lips the whole morning. Their Fire Dragon and Celestial Mage haven't returned yet since then. She stopped from cleaning a glass when Erza sat in a bar stool in front of her.

"Hello, Erza. How was your mission?" she greeted casually. "By the way, did you know that Jellal's been searching for you? He went here five hours ago."

Titania's face automatically went red. "W-What?"

"Yes. He said he wanted to talk to you about the future--"

"I-I'll be back, Mira!" Then Erza dashed to the guild's door.

Minutes later after Erza left, Gray approached the counter only in his boxer shorts. His brows were furrowed, eyes were roaming around like searching for someone.

"Can I have an orange juice, please," he murmured, spacing out. He sighed heavily and decided to ask the silver-haired that's currently staring at him. "Have you seen Juvia?"

"Why?" Mira smiled and put down the glass of juice on the counter.

"W-Well," Gray looked away. "T-There's a job that perfectly fits for our magic so..."

"She told me that Lyon invited her to a friendly date--"

"WHAT?!" The Ice Mage was blurting out some curses before turning his back at her, walking out of the guild.

"Where are you going, Gray?!"

"I'll get her back!"

Mira giggled. My ships are sailing! She did not notice the tall, mascular blonde guy walking towards her.

"You really love pairing people, huh," his low, deep voice caught her attention. The she-devil's smile slowly faded.

"L-Laxus..." She cleared her throat. "Yeah. It's fun."

Laxus raised a brow. "Why don't you start pairing the two of us, then?"

Now, it's time for the great Mirajane to blush furiously.