Auditions

Keith waited at the bench behind the school like Lance asked him to. He had sent him a note to meet him there and he was late. As usual. He waited patiently though, until Lance came in running. He was waving his arms everywhere and in one hand he had a notebook. "Hey Keith!" Yelled Lance across the campus grounds. Keith smiled warmly and walked towards Lance. They were alone.

"Hey Lance! Why did you call me here?" Lance grinned,"Remember the play I'm doing this year? I'm gonna audition and I have to choose a scene to play for my auditions. Mr. Coran said we have to do Shakespeare since the play is Hamlet. I need someone to help me practice my scene. Here's the script Mr. Coran gave me." Lance handed the script to Keith as he looked at it. Keith's face went aflame. "You want to practice this scene with me?" He said blankly, with an amused tone. Lance grinned cheekily,"Yeah, you can be Juliet. Don't worry, it's not the balcony scene." Keith sighed with relief and looked at the scene he was gonna help Lance with. "And this scene is better? There's kissing in this one." Lance shrugged and rolled his eyes."Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, it's for work. Actors kiss random people all the time." Keith sighed and handed the second script to Lance. Lance shook his head and put his hand up. "I know it by heart." He said, beating a fist to his chest. Keith took the script and opened to the page of the scene. He read aloud the stage directions, "Romeo takes off his mask and grabs Juliet's hand." Lance swiftly grabbed his hand, like he was told, and mimed taking off a mask. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this." Keith's face reddened as Lance spoke softly, but a flirting tone in his voice. He put a hand on his chest and pulled Keith a little closer to him. He continued,"My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." Keith looked at the script and saw it was his turn. He spoke sweetly and quiet. He pulled away from Lance's hand and pressed their hands together. "Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims do touch and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss." Lance intertwined his hand with Keith's own, and pulled him closer to his chest, their lips almost touching. Lance spoke,"Have not saints lips and holy palmers too? Keith smiled and looked into Lance's deep crystal blue eyes. "Ay, pilgrim lips that they must use in prayer." Lance rested his forehead on Keith's, never breaking eye contact. "O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." Lance leaned in closer to Keith, their lips almost connecting till Keith stopped him. "Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take." Lance couldn't wait anymore and kissed him. Lance's lips were warm and tasted like cherry, Keith took a brief second to take it all in. Lance loved how Keith's lips were soft and sweet like honey. Lance really wanted to deepen the kiss, but Keith pulled away before he could. Lance pouted, but continued his lines. "Thus from my lips by yours, my sin is purged." Keith caressed Lance's cheek as he leaned into the touch. "Then have my lips the sin that they have took." Lance gasped softly,"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." Keith immediately kissed Lance again, their hands still intertwined. When they eventually pulled apart, Keith smirked,"You kiss by the book." Lance smiled back warmly, his face brightening up the world. "And end scene. Thanks Babe." Keith smiled at his boyfriend,"You are soo cheesy, I bet you made up the entire 'we have to do Shakespeare' didn't you? You just wanted to kiss me." Lance grinned,"Yeah, and I'm about to do it again."