Keith's B-Day

Ikimaru, the queen of Klance posted this today for Keith's b-day

RING RING RING

Keith's alarm rang multiple times, but no one woke up to it. Keith Kogane was in the training room since 3 in the morning and two hours later, nothing. Instead, it just rang and wasted whatever power system the Castle of the Lions had. At least five was around the time everyone got up in the morning. The morning of October 23, 30XX.

Except for a beautiful, blue-eyed, Cuban, bi-sexual,  amazingly hot idiot.

He showered quickly and turned off the alarm after a few minutes of blaring when he returned to his room. Thankfully, the doors were soundproof, so Pidge wouldn't kill him in the morning for forgetting to turn off his alarm.

Keith didn't expect everyone else though to surround him when he walked in the Castle's kitchen. Keith's eyes widened,"Um...what's this?" Allura grinned and excitedly held party decorations in her hands,"Shiro told us today was your very special day of birth on Earth! We decided to have a small celebration." Keith stared around the room that was covered to the brim with red decorations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RED PALADIN signs around the entire place. Hunk came in with a chef's hat,"Lan-er, Shiro told me that your favorite flavor as a kid was strawberry because he stared at you-er, um knew you so well in the Garrison. So I made a simple strawberry cake." He placed the four tiered cake that was a vibrant red with sliced strawberries forming the shape of roses and at the top, The Red Lion. Coran twirled his mustache,"This is an excellent masterpiece, Yellow Paladin!" Pidge snorted,"Simple my ass." Hunk huffed and smiled at Pidge,"I guess you don't want it then."

Pidge kicked his kneecaps.

Keith stared nervously at the large cake,"Right. Thanks Hunk." Shiro smiled sweetly at him and handed him a knife,"Here, cut the first slice." Keith took the knife and grinned shakily,"This is all so fast." He sliced the cake and in the filling were large cut strawberries and pink icing. Extravagant, yes. Delicious, most likely. The first tier was eaten by everyone except Lance, who was still asleep. By the time the half of the second tier was finished, everyone was full in their stomachs. Allura sighed contently,"Hunk, thank you ever so much. It was brilliant." Hunk blushed in humility and giggled to himself, "Your welcome." Coran clapped his hands loudly, taking everyone out of their homeostasis state."Now for the presents! Who's going first? I know, I, Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe, will humbly go first. Here you go!" He planted a twisted, curvy red party hat on Keith's head. "I got it at the space mall in the party section." The others stared at Keith and Pidge slowly took out her altean phone. Keith laughed nervously as he watched her take pictures and slowly put it back in her pocket with a sly grin,"Thanks, Coran,"He said, while removing the hat, "I'll cherish it." 

Allura smiled contently,"I'll go next." She gave him a horribly wrapped present,"Here, Lan-or Shiro told me you would like this." It was a plush Red Lion. Keith stared at it as Pidge snickered to herself. But inside, his heart was melting with warmth. He had a soft spot for plush toys. 

Hunk and Pidge went next. Pidge proudly pushed her glasses up her nose,"This is an altean phone with headphones and a playlist filled with the emo-est music I could find." She wiggled her eyebrows," 'Shiro' told me you'd like it. Hunk helped me make it so the cake and this is from both of us." Keith raised his eyebrow as everyone glanced at each other, smiling suspiciously. Shiro crossed his arms and laughed,"I got you something, but it's in your room for privacy."

Keith would later find out it turned out to be a Hippo plush.

Everyone was rejoicing in Keith's 19 years but then it was interrupted by a loud yawn. Lance appeared in his blue robe, slippers and sleeping mask. Keith felt heat crawl up his neck but didn't say anything. Lance spoke groggily,"What are we having another clock party? And why is everyone so focused on Keith?" He said, with a cute small pout. Shiro coughed nervously and pulled up his sleeve, looking at his bare arm with light blue ink scribbled on it and said in a monotone voice," Today is Keith's birthday did you forget, Lance? I told you a few days ago with the others." Lance huffed and crossed his arms dramatically,"How was I supposed to remember it was Mr. Mullet's b-day?" Everyone groaned but out the corner of their eyes looked over at Keith, who was still a blushing idiot. "Guys, it's fine. I never really celebrated my birthday, so for whoever planned all this....thanks." He said, glancing down and staring with a smile on his face and fiddling with the hem of his jacket. Everyone sorta turned pink and Keith's cute smile and small thanks but they didn't notice Lance's face go up in flames. Lance coughed nervously and crossed his arms,"W-Whatever, I'm gonna do my routine." He said, marching out the door with his cheeks burning hot and his friends staring at him knowingly. Keith just smiled and thanked everyone again before going to his room to see the hippo plush and Red Lion plush and snuggling them and falling fast asleep. Pidge managed to go in his room and snap a quick picture.

The rest of the day passed and it went normally like other days. Keith was grateful it was just a 'small' celebration for the day. So he decided to give himself his own gift and do something he always wanted to do. 

Climb on Red's snout.

So, it took him five minutes to do so but he managed to do it. If anything Keith loved heights, which is why he joined the Garrison(a fucking flight school) in the first place. He also liked being lonely.

That was disrupted in five seconds.

But it was only Lance so Keith didn't mind.

Lance smiled gently causing Keith's heart to do flips and sat down next to him in a relaxed position. "Hey, Samurai." Keith felt his face turn red at the name but tried not to show it. "Hey." A long silence passed between them. Lance coughed awkwardly and broke the silence,"I-I guess I'll just get to the point. Um....Happy Birthday." He turned to look at Keith with burning cheeks and an awkward, nervous smile. Keith smiled back, just as awkwardly,"Thanks." Lance chuckled lightly before looked away,"I guess I should've known, since we've known each other since the Garrison. But then again we weren't close. All I did was...watch you from afar as you excelled in everything." Keith's heartbeat quickened. What?

Lance then started to speak softly as Keith watched him with wistful eyes,"I never wanted to be the one to tell you this. I always wanted you to tell me that you wanted me. You wanted to be by my side forever. Because then...if you told me all that...you'd get a 100% chance at succeeding. Succeeding to win me over." Lance looked at him and then smiled warmly at Keith's confused and loving expression. Lance looked down at their hands to see their pinkies touching. Then he smiled again and interlaced their fingers as he leaned in closer to a dazed Keith. "But I realize now that if I want there to be an 'us', I have to be the one to take a step forward. So.." He was so close their lips now brushed,"I'll try the best I can." Slowly but surely he placed his warm lips on Keith's. Chaste, simple. and to the point. Lance is kissing me. Keith finally turned those gears in his head and kissed back, grabbing the hem of his jacket and pulling him closer. Keith felt a rough and slightly heavy weight drop on his lap. Lance was giving him something. He was about to pull away but Keith gripped the jacket tighter and didn't let him go.Lance shuddered and sighed contently in his mouth. Keith is actually kissing me back. Finally, Keith pulled away for air and Lance smiled breathlessly. Keith looked at his lap and saw a leather sheath and a knife. He took the knife out revealing a shiny sharp blade with a large red gem in the shape of a lion. Keith stifled a gasp at the beauty of the knife. Lance smiled nervously and fiddled with the end of his jacket. "I saw this a few months ago at the market and I figured you would like it for your birthday and a few days ago I reminded everyone it was your birthday today. Only Shiro had known and only got you something small, but I kinda figured you deserved something bigger. Not a giant celebration but after everything we've gone through together I figured...." He trailed off and glanced shyly at him. Keith finally spoke for the first time in those few minutes,"So everyone lied?"

Lance flinched,"Er, kinda..?" Keith set the knife to the side and Lance got nervous,"Keith? Buddy, if you don't-" Keith placed a hand on his chest and Lance's breathing hitched. Keith tilted his head and leaned in, a rare flirtatious smirk playing on his lips. Lance's eyes widened,"Wha-" Keith cut him of with a kiss, rough and uneven. Lance's mind started to work and smiled while slotting their lips together correctly. But then the chaste kisses were gone, replaced with hot, needy, longer, open-mouthed kisses. Keith pulled on his jacket harder every time, needing more. Lance's long arms encircled him and pressed their hot bodies against each other, one hand on his should and the other on his hip. Lance pulled away after a while and smiled, panting and breathlessly,"Happy Birthday, Samurai." 

Keith muttered a quick thanks before swooping in for another kiss.