Alpha x Alpha(A Forbidden Love)

Omegaverse

Warning: Blood and Self-cutting but not is a self-harm way.

"Keith! Good luck, okay? We love you!!!"

"Lance, you are a McClain. We know you and love you and no matter what you get at the ceremony, we will adore you."

"Keith, I'm proud of you. No matter what happens."

"Lance will totally be an alpha. Look at him! So strong and handsome!"

"Keith is gonna be an alpha. 100% certain. Fight me."

Keith and Lance were always close. They claimed they were rivals, but how they looked at each other said otherwise. Lance always looked for an excuse to wrap an arm around Keith's shoulders. Keith always managed to sit next to Lance at the dinner table where they would talk for hours, barely touching their food. Sometimes, they would comfort each other and hold each other at night. They never said it, but they knew. They suspected.

Anyone, even a fool, could tell they were in love.

But it couldn't be.

Lance and Keith were both destined to be alphas. Both were fierce and strong, brave and sometimes hot-tempered. Like an Alpha. But the goal in life was to reproduce more and more alphas. At the ceremony, people would get chosen by their blood and fate what they were. An omega could reproduce and were fertile, only being able to be impregnated by their alpha. Alphas were strong and they supported the family. Sometime, something genetic happens and the alpha can also reproduce, but that wasn't always the case and it was a taboo. Omegas were treated with extreme care and they could choose who they wanted to love. 

Keith hated it. Lance hated it. Because it meant they couldn't be together. If something did happen, and either one became an omega, then they would be together. But the chances were slim.

It was the night before the ceremony. All people in each city who turned 21 recently meet up that day and celebrate before the ceremony. Wine, dances, dessert. It was a party. Keith and Lance were probably the only ones not celebrating. Lance swirled his un-touched wine glass,"I-I think I'm gonna go outside for fresh air." His friends exchanged worried glances as he walked off into the balcony.

Keith was already there, watching the moon with a blank expression. "Hey." Lance smiled sadly at him. Keith glanced at him before pain reached his eyes and he looked away,"Hey." Lance leaned on the rail,"Nervous?"

"Terrified."

"Me too."

Keith pinched his eyebrows together,"I'm gonna be alpha. Everyone's saying it. They know it."Lance hummed,"Yes. We know." Keith sighed,"You will be too." Lance grinned,"I'm not so sure about that." Keith whirled around to meet his eyes with hope,"What?" Lance looked down with a smile,"I've always felt something was different about me. Something was off but not exactly in a bad way. Well, bad in the eyes of society." He placed a hand on his abdomen. "Something tells me that I have a 50-50% chance of alpha or omega. But either way, I can reproduce. Something genetic maybe from my mother."

Keith's heart was soaring. His tension eased and he took a sip of wine. "Cool." He said it nonchalantly. "I don't know for sure. But...if I become an omega, I'd be happy to choose my own alpha if they'll have me. Someone I love." Keith felt like he shouldn't ask, but he wanted to,"Let's say...you were an omega and you could choose your alpha...who would you choose?"

"You."

Keith turned to see Lance looking at him with pure love and no regret. Confident and no joke. Keith's hands that were once gripping the rail leaned forward and brushed his fingers slightly across Lance's cheek. His other arm wrapped around Lance, clearly no longer hiding. No longer holding back. He leaned down and their lips touched for a second. "Lance..." Lance leaned back and placed his hand on Keith's lips,"Darling, not right now. Tomorrow. If I become an omega, you can love me all you want as I will do to you but not now. Not with eyes around us." Keith groaned and closed his eyes, resting on Lance's forehead. His eyebrows pinched together even tighter and he sighed,"Alright. But...we'll be together. No matter what happens tomorrow. I promise." Lance's heart warmed at the thought of being with Keith no matter what, but he knew it wasn't likely. He was wrong, now was the time. He gasped softly and grabbed Keith's shirt, clutching it tightly,"Kiss me." Keith's eyes widened,"I thought-" Lance shook his head desperately,"I know what you thought, but we might not have this chance ever again. I want you now, even for one second. Quick, while no one's watchi-"Keith held the back of Lance's head and pulled, meeting their lips quickly. They pulled away after two seconds and Lance wrapped his arms around his neck seeing no one was looking, meeting their lips again. It was so risky. Anyone could just turn their head and see them. It would be shocking. Lance quickly deepened the kiss, grasping on to Keith. Keith cupped his cheeks and tilted his head. They pulled away for a few breaths before joining lips again and again. Lance's cheeks were a burning red, it turned redder tasting and desperate for Keith. Small noise erupted from the back of his throat for the fast heated kiss, dragging lips across each other. Keith heard them and hands were suddenly flying all over his body, trying to memorize every inch. If anyone saw now, it would be a national scandal.