Klance in the POV of Kosmo

The smell of the strawberries were intoxicating. The trees were billowing in the soft warm breeze. He could already imagine how delicious strawberry ice cream tasted. His owner walking him wouldn't allow him though. Keith didn't like it when he ate random food he shouldn't. Not like Kosmo would care...

Because he's a dog.

"Come on, Kosmo. Hurry up, stop sniffing around." Keith tugged on his collar. Kosmo huffed. It was a walk in the park what was so wrong with sniffing for any other dogs? Kosmo looked up and it was a truly heavenly dog's paradise.

A beautiful truck with colorful...colors and a dazzling swirl with a beige cone on top and with an irritating masterpiece of music playing over and over. An Icecream truck. Right next to where the truck was parked, there was a bench and on that bench was a two-foot. A man. A handsome man. But Kosmo didn't really care for the man. He glanced up at his owner hopefully and-

Why was his cheeks the color of red hot sausage?

Why did he stop moving? Like a tree?

Kosmo quirked his snout and glanced between Keith and the man. Keith seemed....nervous? His master was brave and daring, always strong when wrestling with him. Who was this man who was cute that made Keith so scaredy cat? Was it possible that Keith liked him? Or knew him? Anyways, it's not like Kosmo knew...

Because he's a dog.

But he did know very well the truck was packing up and soon was leaving. Kosmo whined at the loss of a delicious treat. Then he caught something in his eyes. The man was scrolling threw his device with an apple on it and seemed to be rapidly moving his thumb as if contacting someone. In his other hand was a beautiful cone of mint chocolate delight.

Keith yelped,"Kosmo!" But the collar slipped out of his owners hand and he ran for the treat. The man looked up and his eyes widened,"Kosmo?" He leaped on the benched and took a ginormous bite of the cone, leaving  the man stunned and laughing slightly. Keith walked over desperately grabbing at the collar and crossing his arms. "Lance." The man with tan skin and blue eyes looked up, cheeks turning as pink as Kosmo's chew toy,"Keith."

Lance, as it seems, knew his owner. But now, Keith seemed angry. But not really, as if putting on an act like Kosmo putting on puppy eyes when he wanted something. "Why are you here?" Lance huffed,"Can't I sit on a bench like you walk your dog?" Keith shook his head,"No, it's just-ugh. I didn't expect to see you. I figured you'd be with Pidge and Hunk.Sorry about Kosmo and your...ice cream." His eyes trailed forward to see Kosmo shamelessly licking the ice cream. What? It was good.

Lance finally relaxed and shrugged, smirking,"Don't worry about it." The conversation continued as if they were old friends. They probably were. It's not like Kosmo knew..

Because he's a dog.

But he did notice how they seemed to like sniffing each other. Because they were getting really close, their lips curling into smiles and smirks and joking with each other and playing with each other. Were they trying to mate or something?

After a long time, Keith sighed,"I should get going." Lance nodded,"Yeah." It was silent except for the noise of Kosmo panting.It was as if they didn't want to leave. Lance smirked,"You owe me an ice cream." Keith nodded,"Yeah. Sorry again." Lance grinned,"If you take me out for ice cream, I'll consider it payment." Keith stared at him then laughed,"Alright."

After that, Lance surprisingly entered Kosmo's territory a lot. They would talk in Keith's apartment and eat foods on the table with Kosmo right underneath, just waiting for it. Unfortunately, food didn't fall.

The air was always weird to Kosmo. It was thick and the atmosphere was just....unusual. It was like to dogs circling for each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.