Betrothed

There's a contest for the prince's hand. Prince Keith. You'd be surprised to hear that he had many suitors, being the fairest in the land, but he chose none of them. His heart belonged to another.

Sir Lancelot, also known as Lance. He had conquered the Prince's heart when they first met and when King Alfor pronounced Lance as his knight and bodyguard. He thought his feelings would go away with the teasing and flirting and small pranks. They didn't, but they flourished like a bud growing into a flower.

The King wasn't getting any younger and he needed his heir to wed. So, without Keith's permission, gave a contest. Prize: Keith's hand in marriage.

Lance wasn't going to have it. Nonono. this was unacceptable. He loved Keith, adored him since the instant he saw him when he was just a cadet in the army. So beautiful and fair. When he became his knight, he was overjoyed. And the first time he told him he was beautiful and how Keith's face blossomed like flames? He needed to do it more often.

And now, Keith was gonna be so easily given away. Not if Lance could help it.

"You have to be kidding me." Keith was outraged,"You try so desperately to annoy me and pester me, so you join the competition for my hand?!" Lance smirked,"It worked." Keith turned red and it was priceless,"What are we going to do if you win?!" Lance shrugged,"I won't, I'm just doing this for fun." Keith tore at his hair,"You're the strongest, you can easily defeat anyone!" Lance sighed,"I'll just lose then, and you can marry who you want, who is not me." He hid the disappointment in his voice. Keith groaned,"But I don't want to marry anyone but y-" He stopped himself. "I'm here stuck in this tent, talking to you waiting for the last contestant to win and for you to fight them, thinking I'm gonna have to marry ALLURA KNOWS WHO." Lance pointed to him,"Don't use Allura, goddess of godesses,  name in vain, Keithy." Keith seethed,"Don't.Call.Me.That."

Lance sighed,"Alright, you've made yourself clear. I don't want to be your boyfriend either." Lance gulped. I want to be your husband. Keith flinched, regretting everything,"Just do the fight and I'll find a way to convince Father  to let me not marry yet to whoever that man is." Lance nodded and took Keith's hand,"Your Highness." he kissed it and walked out, leaving Keith with a nervous and thumping heart.

Why did it have to be Lord Fucking Lotor?

Lotor was a bastard, wanting money and position. Of course he'd fight for Keith's hand. Prize: The throne and a beautiful husband." Lance sighed, if he won Keith would murder him and hate him forever. If Lotor won, Lance would have to watch his love marry someone else who just wanted power. He was conflicted. He knew he could beat Lotor, but then Keith would despise him. Lotor grinned,"Distracted aren't you?" Lance growled,"Whatever." Lotor laughed boisterously,"Everyone knows you are just doing this for fun. You don't love Keith, so if you win you'd be cursing him." Lance clenched his sword,"You don't love Keith, what's the difference? Wait, I know. You want the crown." Lotor scowled and swung his sword angrily above Lance's head, who barely dodged it. Lotor grinned, sweat dripping from his forehead. How long had they been fighting? 30 minutes? "At least when I win, I'll not only get the throne but the sweetest sex of my life."

Suddenly, Lotor was on the ground slithering in pain and then passed out.

Lance heard the voices of the chants around him. Oh No.

"YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE!!" Keith was fuming, pacing around the tent. Lance flinched,"Listen, Keith I know this is horrible and you don't want to marry-"

Keith clutched his head,"Stop! Don't say it." Lance sighed and his hand reached out,"I can run away, so I can leave you alone." Keith froze, his back facing him,"No." He hated how obvious his voice was, how he didn't want him to leave,"My Father would hunt you and your family down." Lance was about to place his hand on Keith's shoulder, but he didn't. "At least, you wouldn't marry me." Lance said, his voice a pained laugh. Keith swung his body around and tears flew,"Not the time to joke around when I'm about to marry someone I love with my whole heart who doesn't love me BACK!" Lance's blue eyes widened,"Keith...." More tears flew and he turned around, wiping his eyes with his cape. "Just...go." Lance stayed in his position, cheeks burning and head dizzy,"No." Keith clenched his fist,"If you won't, I will." 

Suddenly, warm arms draped around him,"Keith, do you really think that?" Keith scoffed,"I know it." He said it quietly, knowing he just confessed his love. "You're such an idiot." Lance turned him around and grabbed his shoulders. Keith looked up in confusion and Lance crashed their lips together. Keith let out a tiny cry of shock and Lance slotted their lips together. When he pulled away, Keith was panting for air,"If you really think I don't love you more than anything in the world, then your are a fool." Keith was shocked, more shocked than anything in his life,"No way..." Lance laughed and pulled in him into a tight hug,"I love you more than anything." Keith melted into his touch,"More than Hunk's food?" Lance pulled him down,"I wouldn't want to marry Hunk's food, just you." Keith turned a bright red and Lance cupped his cheeks,"Are you...okay with that?" Keith let out a breath he was holding,"Yeah."

Lance was quick to close the gap between them.

They were married a few days later and lived and ruled Altea for the rest of their lives, blest by Allura, goddess of godesses and of love.