Chapter 17- Baffling turn x of x events

(Note: Bro. My cousin didn't come and now this gathering just turned into a barbecue when my uncles pulled out the grill. My mom and Tias going to the store and came back with chips and stuff for it. I asked her if she could buy me a Pepsi and she bought one of those big bottles saying that I could have the rest if nobody was gonna get it.)

Michael's POV
"Whenever he wakes up, he'll probably decline his advancement." Mr. Hanzo told us.

"He's right. Sounds like something Gon would do." Leorio agreed to what Mr. Hanzo just said as I walked back to them after being told that Gon will be okay, sending Nee with him.

"Only one person fails this round, right? So if Gon is disqualified, then wouldn't that render the rest of our upcoming fights completely meaningless?"

"You've no need to worry, Gon has certainly passed. Nothing he says or does can change that now." Mr. Netero answered, Kurapika, Leorio, and I letting a sigh of relief, me resting my chin on Killua's shoulder.

"As a matter of fact, he could even throw a fit and kill me where I stand, but he still wouldn't be able to revoke his license." Mr. Netero continued, Mr. Hanzo nodded and started walking away, back to where he was.

"So why? Why'd you let him win?" Killua asked, making me look up at him, his face holding uncertainty and confusion.

"What did you say?" Mr. Hanzo asked as he turned our direction, making me cower in fear behind the slightly taller male next to me.

"You didn't have to kill him. With your skills, you could've made him surrender somehow." He tells him, the people lined up next to us facing him and I, making me feel nervous as I pressed my face into his shoulder, both my hands holding his arm.

"I expect, when I torture someone, my victim will despise me for the rest of their life. It's more effective and less stressful. When you're in pain, your eyes show a gleam of hostility towards the person responsible.

Even with the most extensive training and discipline, that sign of rage is difficult to suppress. But Gon's eyes had no such gleam. Can you believe that? I had just broken his arm, but I could just tell by looking into his eyes that he had already forgotten all about it." He explained, making Killua and I quietly gasp.

"So I guess you could say the little guy won me over." Mr. Hanzo admits, me hearing a hum from the beautiful clown standing to the right of Killua and I, sending a shiver down my spine, my tail spazzing out.

"If you need a reason why I let him win, there you have it." He said once again as he walked off. Killua was stiff after that, and I grew concerned for him. Did he want Gon to have a better win? Or did he not like Mr. Hanzo?

"Baba?" I asked as I moved one of my hands to his, squeezing it to gain his attention. It worked, but he didn't squeeze it like he usually did. I think he doesn't like Mr. Hanzo. No one can have beautiful eyebrows like him!

———————

After that, the second phase began. "Round two! Kurapika versus Hisoka. Begin!" Masta announced, letting the fight between them start.

"This should be interesting." Amaimon said out loud, well I guess a squeak since I'm the only one who could hear him talking when he's in that form. "Shh!" I shushed him, earning a confused look from the male next to me.

Everything was so fast that I wasn't able to process it. All I know it that Kurapika dodged and so did Hisoka then Kurapika was punched back, him sliding back a bit with a grunt.