Chapter 9- Beware x of x prisoners

Third POV

The third phase of the exam is under way at Trick Tower, where long term prisoners are held. Michael and her friends have chosen to partake in a six-on-six battle with some of the inmates. Thanks to Tonpa, they've already suffered their first loss.

The next round will put Gon against Sedokan. Who knows what the upcoming battle will bring?

"Now, then, as you've all probably noticed, I'm not terribly strong. I don't enjoy fighting or running, jumping, anything physical, really." Sedokan says. What a mood.

"I like that stuff a lot more than thinking. I guess I've never really been all that great at using my head." Gon admits. "Thought so. So I came up with a game, one I think we'll both enjoy."

"A game?" "A game?!" Both Gon and Michael questioned.

"Gon, you're so lucky you get to play a game!" The female yelled, slightly jealous that he got to play.

Sedokan laughs, "Yes, a simple game that doesn't rely on mental or physical activity."

"What is it?" Gon asked.

Sedokan moved his hands behind his back and grabbed two candles. "We each light a candle at the same time, and whoever's candle goes out first is the loser. All right?"

"Yep. Makes sense to me. I'm in. Let's do it!" Gon smiled, giving him a thumbs-up.

"Okay. In that case.." Sedokan then revealed that the two candles were different sizes. "So which candle do you want to use? It's your choice. Press 'O' for the long candle, or press 'X' if you would rather have the short one. Choose by majority rule."

"So we have to choose one? This is a damn trap. Normally, you'd want to go for the long one,which means that lowlife must've done something to sabotage it." Leorio complained.

"Yes, that would be the safe assumption. However, it could be a trick and he's actually tampered with the short one." Kurapika said.

"Wait, couldn't he have tampered both of them?" Michael asked, looking to Kurapika who was thinking.

"Hey, you're right. So when you put it that way.." "Correct. There is no end." Kurapika said after Leorio spoke. Did they just ignore me? Ro0d.

Kurapika then went onto explaining how situations like this cause us people to get suspicious and it can lead to sometimes making the wrong choices.

"All right, then. Please take all the time you need. It's a majority decision, but feel free to talk about it first. No rush. We have plenty of time, believe me." Sedokan said as he sat on the ground.

"Hey! What should I pick?" Gon called out to us. "Ayo! Pick the long one!" Michael shouted.

"What are you crazy?! This is a team decision!" Leorio shouted at the small girl who retreated to hide behind Killua.

"Gon, the choice is up to you! Pick whichever candle you think is the best option. That's how we'll all vote." Kurapika shouted.

"Are you sure about this? It's just that he doesn't think things through." "I second that." Michael agreed to Killua.

"Instead of fretting over a choice, let's put our faith in Gon's instincts." The blonde male replied. "Trust his instincts, huh?" Killua repeated.

"That's something you shouldn't do when Shima and I are in the same room." Michael whispered to Nee, who was resting on her shoulder, who nodded.

They earned a questioning look from Killua, who was in front her, though she just waved him off.

"Oh, I get to choose? In that case I'll go with the one Michael picked, okay? The long one." Gon answered.