Chapter 26- Fierce x and x ferocious

Third POV
Gon faces his first match on the 200th floor, but is caught off guard by his opponent's unconventional attack.

———————

Michael's POV
I watched Gon continue to avoid/dodge the tops, all of this making me grow nervous as I chewed on my thumbnail.

Just then several tips bounce off each other and went straight for Gon, one slamming hard against back, making him cry out in pain.

"And another top hits him from behind! It looks like he's in big trouble now because he's just been surrounded by the Dancing Tops!"

Another top went flying towards him, hitting his face, sending him flying back to the edge of the platform. "That's a clean hit and knockdown! For two points!" The ref shouted, Gon getting up.

"Gido's up to an early four-point lead!" "Can you fight?" "You bet!" "There are too many tops for him to be able to keep track of them all." "Neee.." "Yeah.." I agreed, still chewing my nail, biting it a bit to far, making me wince.

Gon dodged again and again and again, some tops barley grazing him. He then did the unspeakable. He closed his fricken eyes! Not only that, his Ten was fading, letting a top slam right into his gut.

"Another direct hit! Gon is completely helpless! He's been knocked clear out of the ring!" Gon skidded to a stop right by the wall, getting up but stayed there. "The score is now six-zero! He's dug himself quite a hole!"

The referee ran to him, crouching down next to him. I wasn't able to hear anything since they were too far away and the crowd was shouting again, making my ears ring.

My knee began to bounce anxiously, seeing the referee counting down. Gon stood up and sprinted back to the ring, jumping up, about to attack Gido from above until he unexpectedly began to spin around like a top.

"There it is! Gido's special technique, combining offense and defense! Tornado Top!" Once Gon's foot touched his spinning body, he was sent flying back, landing outside of the platform aggressively with a roll, his body slamming against the wall again.

"Three points! The judge gas awarded a critical hit and knockdown! Gido has nine points. Gon is in the brink of defeat!"

"I turn myself into a top and let my Dancing Tops handle the offense!" Gido cAcKled, "It's a conservative strategy but it's effective for racking up the points!"

Gon then climbed back onto the ring, standing by the edge, some of his face and body being covered in bruises.

"Gon!" Both Killua and I gasped, my hand immediately grabbing onto his. Gon's Ten was fading and this time he wasn't closing his eyes, meaning he was doing this on purpose.

"You idiot!" "Nee!" Killua, Nee, and I cursed out, my canines showing a bit, "What if you get hit by another Nen attack?" Killua growled, his hand gripping mine, squeezing it tightly.

"Eyahah! Do you have a death wish, kid? Then here! Let me give you what you want!" He sent more tops his direction, Gon moving to the side, gracefully dodging it surprising us.

"Whoah!" I gasped, getting up a bit, not believing my functioning eyes, "Amazing! That's the first time Gon has managed to evade an attack!" Don't call my man's out like that!