Chapter 2- Test x of x what?

The rest of the boat ride was calm other than the males' confusion of me being a girl. Since it rained and I got soaked, I changed from my usual red and white clothes to a space hoodie and a random skirt that surprisingly matched.

   Good thing I didn't leave my bag in the cabin or else I would've gotten both Nee and I sick

Good thing I didn't leave my bag in the cabin or else I would've gotten both Nee and I sick. Wait, can he even get sick? They now had chance to see that I was, indeed, a girl and their faces were priceless.

The boat then arrived at our destination and the captain wanted to speak to Gon in private, leaving Leorio, Kurapika and I to go on ahead in search of the town's map.

As we were walking, I was debating on letting my tail out and hang loose from under my skirt and let my new band of friends see. I decided that I should since they were now my only friends in this place, and I shouldn't keep any secrets from them. Well shouldn't keep many secrets from them.

I took Nee from my hoodie pocket and placed him on my head, where he sat down clearly comfortable and enjoying his view of the town.

Gon soon came running to us as Leorio, Kurapika and I looked at the map. I actually never heard of these places and kinda had trouble reading the letters on the board making me a bit worried.

Nee lays down and massages the top of my head with his tiny hand sensing my distress and tensing body. I relax and give him a sugar cube as a small thank you.

I zoned back in to hear Kurapika ask Gon a question, "Could you have misheard the captain?" "I don't think so. He told me I should go towards that Cedar Tree." Gon said as he points to the map with a big tree on it. "I see." Kurapika simply answers.

"And this stupid notice isn't any help at all. It says the exam's in Zaban City. But it doesn't say where exactly!" Leorio says angrily rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm back from zoning out and now I'm confused, what did I miss?" I questioned before I could get even more confused.

"Our task is to find the site using only limited information. This is another test to determine if we're worthy of the exam." Kurapika answered while looking at me with a small smile to which I gave one in return.

"Yeah, I already knew that, smarty-pants, so give it a rest!" Leorio shouted, causing me to hide behind Kurapika since he was the closest me, startling the poor guy.

"I think I'll go check it out for myself, find out what the captain was talking about." Gon said staring to walk in the direction of the tree but stopped next to me and asked, "Do you wanna come with me, Michael?"

"Sure, I trust your instincts." I say as start to walk of with him subconsciously grabbing his hand. Gon didn't seem to mind though, liking the feeling and warmth of our hands intertwined with each other.

Kurapika soon caught up to us, walking to the right of me with Gon to the left of me. Apparently Leorio went and took the bus to Zaban City but that was proven false once we heard running and Leorio's voice telling us to wait for him.